Tuesday, February 7, 2012

37 Weeks... Full Term!


Operation Eat at Fancy Restaurants Before It's Too Late continues!
36w5d
37 weeks: full-term baby, baby
full term baby, baby! 


Marination Time 37 weeks today... that's full term, y'all!  

Maternity Clothes: Nothing's changed in that department... down to the basics as far as bottoms go and pretty damn sick of my maternity "collection."  I wear my GAP City Flats Every. Single. Day. They are the only shoes aside from flip flops and Uggs that still fit comfortably on my left foot {which is humorously about 2x the size of the my right foot due to Quesita's positioning}{pregnancy is so fucking weird sometimes}.  I've been exceptionally good about immediately recycling/deleting catalogs/emails from "regular clothes" retailers... until last week when the J. Crew Spring catalog arrived in my mailbox. Talk about a gateway drug.  I now have the major Spring Shopping Sadz. 

Fruit of the Week / Size:  The Bump switched us to its final fruit... Watermelon!  Baby Center proclaims LJH to be the length of Swiss Chard.

Movement: Still lots of cervical kicks, but even more rolling or ripple movements.  She's definitely short on room in there... I can almost always feel her head lodged up in the top half of my rib cage. 

Cravings: Grapefruit. Sonic cherry limeaids. Lemon goat cheese pasta.  This kiddo likes citrus!

Annoyances: The carpal tunnel and general, all-over stiffness, especially in the morning.  Insomnia... I'm officially done sleeping each morning around 4 AM... I am getting in a lot of Mad Men in the wee hours though!  Inability to breath deeply... my lungs are all sorts of scrunched.  

Belly Button Watch: IN. {Semi} Interesting Fact: Having an innie or outie bellybutton {in general, not during pregnancy} has nothing to do with how your cord was cut... The direction of your naval depends heavily on muscle tone at birth... with babies born preterm having less muscle tone and more likelihood of an outie / full-term and past-due babies having more muscle tone resulting in more innies.  This fun factoid correlates perfectly with my deep innie... I was born 11 days past my due date! {I was nerdily excited about this little tidbit when we discussed it during birthing class... Lamesauce Alert.}

Highlights of the Week: Our fancypants night out for E's birthday. Our last natural birthing class... which we both agreed we would really miss this week.  I can't say enough wonderful things about our instructor.  I have no doubt that, were this little one head-down, I'd feel confident about my ability to have a low-intervention birth under her tutelage.  But, what I appreciate even more, is her open-minded attitude in regards to all forms of birth... 70% of the calm {ZEN} I'm feeling about this c-section can be attributed to her encouraging manner. 

Medical Updates: Nothing new to report from my weekly appointment.  Still footling breech.  Still no dilation. No Braxton Hicks, cramping, anything of that nature.  I did get answers to some of my cesarean questions today {epidural vs. spinal block; possibility for immediate skin-to-skin contact in the OR; musical selections during surgery; potential for discharge after 48 hours instead of 72}... love my OB and love that she {and the hospital} are on-board for "hippie-fying" my c-section to the extent possible!

Other Thoughts: GranJan has been up in the attic, hunting down treasures from my infancy...

GranJan found some treasures in the attic today!

How is it possible that we are set to meet this little person in two weeks time?  I feel like Vizzini... INCONCEIVABLE!  But oh so exciting!  My list of things to wrap up at work prior to her arrival is stressing me out a bit, but I think it's manageable - plus, I'm feeling good about all my other check lists... Ultimately, the truth of the matter is, Buy Buy Baby will remain open, Amazon will still ship to my doorstep in 2 days, and my vacuum will continue to function after this child is born. I repeat this mantra a lot at 4 AM... and then I just switch on Don Draper. 

19 comments:

  1. yay yay yay can't wait for the sweet baby to be here! I am in love with your OB!

    Lilly
    pancakesandbeetjuice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the Sonice Cranberry Limeade? To die for! I think you're doing an amazing job of taking the C-Section in-stride, though I know that's difficult. Coming from another hippie birther though I wouldn't get too caught up in the extra day in the hospital ... I actually really liked the extra time. It's nice because for those few short days your world revolves around that one room - no dishes, no laundry, no trash, no responsibilities except you and that baby (oh, and your husband too =). So I would just recommend playing that one by ear, but don't be in too much of a rush to get home because with home comes a lot more work! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited excited excited!!!! You get to pick your OR music?! That's awesome slash a lot of pressure! What is quesita's welcome to the world song going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and PS I second the extra time in the hospital being a good thing comment. I got a 3 day stay by way of a crappy complication but the extra time was really nice! (And then I actually got to go back for an extra 2 after that which I would NOT recommend, but the extra swaddle and lactation lessons were a bonus.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making it to 37 weeks! You may feel like crap, but you look great. I'm so jealous of how close you are to the finish line. I'm just in my first TM and I'm so ready to be done already. I hope the time passes quickly for you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! granjan's finds are THE BEST!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate, you look stunning! I'm so excited for you and your family!! Good luck with your hippie C-section, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vintage baby clothes are adorable!! 2 weeks!!!! Very excited for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, you're so close to meeting your little one! The clothes are adorable! And that is awesome that your doctor and instructor are working with you and encouraging on having things, as much as possible, the way you want them! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You look awesome! FYI, I had a scheduled c-section and was home inside of 48 hours. Hospitals and I don't mix well together. Plus, the procedure was textbook. In and out. No big deal. Best wishes to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They might let you go at 48 hours after a c-section? Wow! I went home 27 hours after my daughter was born because I just cannot stand hospitals. I didn't sleep one wink the whole time were there. It was nice to be at home, in my own bed, and have my baby near me. You will know what to do.

    I am so happy that you are full term! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, so exciting! I really loved reading your post on the things for which you registered (love the grammar) and think you did an awesome job- wish I had seen this a year ago when my son was born! Ha!
    P.S. One thing I'd recommend, and don't remember seeing, is a mirror for the back so the driver can look at the baby from the rearview mirror. Amazon delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw love the vintage baby clothes :) so exciting! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for full term! You look fantastic and I am so impressed with your zen-ness. My baby is 6 montns old and, as a super Type A, I wish I had had someone remind me during those 4am freak-outs to just chill. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot believe baby girl is about due to make her arrival! It seems like just yesterday we were at La Duni!! Thinking of you and E and the little baby that is about to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look gorgeous, and I have so enjoyed reading these updates throughout your journey. I sure hope Quesita will allow you to continue posting after her arrival! Best of luck to you both for a zen delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO EXCITING!!!! You look beautiful!!

    tanks & bras coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You could be having your baby RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. two weeks??! holy hell. it's about to get real ;)

    i am so, so excited for y'all. and how do you still look so dang pretty at 9 months pregnant?! boo hiss.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!