Monday, February 20, 2012

{almost} 39 weeks


IMG_0139
IMG_0137


Marination Time 39 weeks tomorrow... We won't be seeing Week 40, so this is it, y'all!

Maternity Clothes: Let's hear it for one last go-round for Big Red up there! Talk about the little huge dress that could! Leggings and my Old Navy maxi skirt are constants... as in... Every. Freakin'. Day. constants.

Fruit of the Week / Size: Looks like we'll be ending with TB and BC agreeing on Watermelon!

Movement: Remember all that funky movement last week? Weeeeeell, my OB confirmed that La Bebe is attempting to slide into a transverse position. She doesn't stick there for too, too long, but she moves down and around probably three or four times a day now. Not only is this extremely uncomfortable, but, if she's in that position on Tuesday, it will make for a more difficult cesarean... one that will almost surely rule out any possibility of VBAC for future kiddos. This would be... extremely disheartening for me, to say the least. So... we're taking a lot of long baths {which seem to relax her as much as me} and doing an embarrassing amount of "motivational speaking" towards to belly. We are all about the mantras up in here!

Cravings: Quesadillas. Coconut La Croix.

Annoyances: Other than this new transverse wrinkle... is it weird to say that I just feel generally smelly? Which is really odd seeing as I'm spending like 2 hours in the bath tub on top of daily showering... but I just feel... smelly. Like a big, rolly-polly, huge, smelly person.

Belly Button Watch: INNIE FOR THE WIN. Victory Dance Time!

Highlights of the Week: Man, a lot this week. I finished out my last day of work feeling... good. As I've hinted at several times, I will not be returning to my {I-suppose-no-longer} current job after Quesita is born. This surely deserves a post all its own, but not really the whole SAHM vs. Working Mom inner-struggle that so often crops up in blogland after the arrival of a wee one. Truth be told, I thoroughly enjoyed my job and my coworkers, and if my employer was located in Dallas, I'd be sticking around. But the 2-3 hour daily commute was just going to be too much for me with the addition of Baby Girl. Once we really considered the logistics, it wasn't too difficult of a decision, although I'd be lying if I said I haven't experienced moments of panic and some major "identity crisis" freakouts. But my last week of work brought a lot of peace. I've learned a ton these past two years doing victim-based immigration law, and it will be an adventure to see what my professional life holds once I'm ready to throw myself back out there again. And we won't even talk about the crying-jag-breakdown I had whilst unloading my diplomas and law books in our home office on Saturday.

IMG_0087

I did manage to get the nursery photographed... and my wonderful husband made a truly valiant attempt at hauling the glider upstairs for the event. Sadly, that sucker is heavy, and a new-father-to-be with a bum back wasn't worth it. Le sigh.

E and I had a fabulous last weekend as just the two of us... we enjoyed breakfast, lunch, and dinner out at some of our favorite haunts... and made a delicious Sunday supper together at home. We also did a bunch of cleaning, organizing, and relaxing {ie: E napped / I went on a Downton Abbey binge}. Aaaaaaand someone experienced his very first pedicure {and loved it, I might add}. We have one last date planned for this evening {after my one, singular Lady of Leisure Day, involving a few more choice spa appointments}, and then it'll be Family of Three rather than Party of Two. It's a big chapter to close, but I think we can both agree that we are 110% thrilled to turn the page.

I cannot, cannot, cannot believe we finally get to meet this little cheesette... tomorrow!

58 comments:

  1. So excited for you both! I don't generally comment, but love to follow along.

    P.S. We used to love breakfast at Dream Cafe. I miss those Cloud Cakes since we moved to Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Just reading this post got me all goosebumpy about all the things the next days and weeks will bring for you guys. And so crazy to know exactly when Baby is coming! Will be thinking of you and can't wait to see pics and hear her story. I know I'm just a stranger blog follower but am so happy for your new little fam. Enjoy your lady of leisure day and the big BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy early birthday to that sweet baby! Can't wait to hear about all of your new adventures, and see her pretty face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck...I adore your blog, and this is one lucky cheesette! Happy Early Birthday to the little peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH, I can't believe it is time! I can't wait to see pictures of the precious, little miss. (That glider is gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday to your new addition!! looking forward to following along the motherhood adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you - will be thinking of you tomorrow. Enjoy the heck out of your relaxation today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to see pics of your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe it either! Hope today is wonderful and relaxing for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it weird that I got a little tear-y by the end of the post? You've been on my mind a lot the past few days, and I am so excited for this next new chapter for you THREE! I can only imagine the anticipation. Enjoy your last-for-now day alone. There will be more in the future, for sure, and mama-daughter pedis TOO! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so very excited for you, E, Boom and Boom's little sister. :) I've loved following along for your pregnancy and can't wait to read about your life as a mom. Enjoy your day today and have a great time tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!! I have loved reading your updates and am excited for your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never, ever commen ton here, but I am a long-time reader and I am so just excited for you and E and your sweet cheesette! You have lots of people thinking of y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGOMGOGMOGMOMG! IT IS TIME!!! (Well, almost.) I'm So excited for you and your lil' quesita to get here. Your pregnancy has been the MOST FUN to follow and I feel like Ima try to copy every.single.thing. when the day comes for me to birth a mini-me. CONGRATULATIONS! (PS- Your hair/skin looks gorgeous as ever.) (PPS- I completely am picking up what you're putting down re: identity crisis... I have been dealing with that since the move across the pond... which isn't remotely the same as hanging up the shingle for a wee one, but brings similar panicky feelings, regardless :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm bursting with excitement about the big moment tomorrow... eeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited for you! As someone who has walked a path very similar to yours (sadly less crunchy), I want to encourage you to keep up the mantras. I told my baby it was time to come out (at 38.5 weeks) and I had my first contraction 45 minutes later. Come on LHJ

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've followed you for some time and your struggle to get pregnant and I am SO thrilled for you. I can't wait to see baby pictures tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. best of luck for a healthy and complication-free delivery! I've enjoyed going on the journey with you (even though I don't know you) and wish you guys all the very best in this new chapter of your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been following your blog for some time and have loved reading about your pregnancy journey :) I'm due in about 6 weeks myself so it has been fun to read about what I have to look forward to! Best wishes to you and your husband tomorrow - your little girl will be one lucky quesita!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe it's tomorrow! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So excited for you! I hope baby girl cooperates for her future siblings. :) I love, love, love that you'll have a Mardi Gras baby. So fun!

    I had a feeling you might not be up for that commute once Quesita arrived; that's a beating without a cutie to get home to. Good luck and remember to be kind to yourself and take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! That's crazy! Time flies! I think it's great that you made lots of plans to relax and pamper yourselves before baby comes! Best of luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so excited for pictures! Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy nearly birthday to Quesita. As one of those random and possibly useless hints from the universe, when I was in pregnancy world my yoga teacher told us to do cat-cow stretches to help a baby into the right position.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm not a huge commenter, but just wanted to say that I'm (probably weirdly) incredibly excited for the arrival of Quesita!! Will be sending happy thoughts your way tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow! It's finally here. Congratulations and best wishes for a smooth day tomorrow. Can't wait to hear all about it and your adventures as a new mom!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Not a big commenter but sending well wishes for a safe delivery tomorrow! Can't wait to see pics of baby L and follow your blogging about being a new mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my gosh, so exciting! I will be thinking about y'all tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So exciting! Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to see your next post and hear all about Quesita!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am so, so excited for y'all!!! Sending all kinds of good cheer your way!!!!! Cannot wait to meet this little one!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I couldn't be more excited for you and Evs! You're going to be an amazing Mom. Best of luck with the arrival of the wee quesita.

    ReplyDelete
  33. best of luck! how very exciting and it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  34. so happy and excited for you. good luck and i'll be thinking of you! can't wait to meet the quesita.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am just so so excited for you! I can't even imagine how excited you must be!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my goodness! Tears! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations Kate! Can't wait to see pictures of your little cheesette!

    ReplyDelete
  38. so exciting, can't wait to hear about the little cheesette. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  39. So excited for yall! Best of luck tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  40. How exciting!!! Good luck and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  41. HOORAY! I'm so excited for you for see your little gal's face.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I will be thinking of you! Congratulations a little bit early. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Good luck! I remember those last few hours before my babe was born fondly. I don't think I've ever been so excited in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  45. How exciting! I'm sending you my best wishes and vibes for an easy birth (enough with this nonsense, L!) and a healthy, happy family of four tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  46. So close! Good luck tomorrow. Try to get some sleep tonight - I know I certainly wouldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Tomorrow! Eek! Sending you and E lots of luck and positive vibes for Quesita's arrival. My maternal heart is bursting with excitement for you!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh my beautiful friend! I am so so so excited for your little family 3 to become a family of 4!! I am thinking happy thoughts for you guys and I can't wait to sneak some twitter into my workday tomorrow to catch up on you and your sweet baby girl. Sleep tight tonight (or at least try to do that!)!

    ReplyDelete
  49. How exciting! I can't believe you will be meeting your little one tomorrow. I've really enjoyed reading up on this journey and look forward to the next one. Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  50. First time commenter, but wanted to let you know that you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow! I can't wait to hear about your experience. Best wishes for a safe delivery for mommy and baby!! -Eve

    ReplyDelete
  51. Best wishes tomorrow and for this new, wonderful chapter in your life. Can't wait to hear all about Cheesette!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. So excited for you! Best wishes today and looking forward to following your new journey.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!