Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nursery Inspiration

Well. It only took 4 months.

I really thought I'd have Quesita's nursery complete in no time flat once we found out our little cheese was a cheesette... However, it turns out, I'm much lazier more discerning than I ever anticipated.

But! Slow and steady wins the race, and L's room is all ready for her arrival!  I'm so pleased with how it all turned out and hope she loves it as much as I do.

Before I share photos of the real deal {and in an effort to buy one more weekend in which E might decide blog fodder is a legitimate excuse to drag the glider from its temporary spot in our office to its intended home in the nursery and back down again}, I thought I'd post my original inspiration board.  I made a lot of changes as I went along, but I think the actual space reflects the initial "feel" I envisioned.

{Gag. How pretentious and designer-wannabe did that sound.  Wax on, wax off, por favor.}

Quesita Nursery (1)
{click to enlarge in Flickr}

Sources, from left to right / top to bottom: 
BlaBla mobile; Heather Bailey fabric; Funny Girl poster; Benjamin Moore paint sample in Robin's Nest; West Elm end table IKEA chest; Etsy art.

13 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! haha! I obviously LOVE it! I bet it is oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it! The bright colors and prints are just perfect, I can't wait to see how well it all came together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I was reading a design blog the other day against primary and bright colors in the nursery, saying that they weren't soothing, and I completely disagree and glad you've done a bright, loving and creative nursery to its fullest potential! I think all the high contrast patterns and energy is going to cultivate the cheesette into a future frida kahlo! Can't wait to see the final photos.

    Lilly
    pancakesandbeetjuice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for a good Jenny Lind crib! Great colors and patterns, can't wait to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The bright colors are perfect! We are using the Jenny Lind crib in our little girl nursery as well. I love it. So beautiful and classic. Can't wait to see how it all came together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see it in my head!!!! I bet it looks beautiful!!! love love love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the end result - I love all of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have John Murphy animal collages in my living room and I LOVE them! Fantastic inspiration board! Can't wait to see the real deal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and the Jenny Lind crib. Can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to seeing it - that board looks fabulous! LOVE that the Mexican Dress is part of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh - I'm feelin' it. Can't wait! Unveil, Unveil!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see!! I have this idea in my head big time and I need to know how close I am!!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!