Tuesday, February 28, 2012

{what would have been} 40 weeks

While I work on our little muppet's "birth story," I figured I might as well ride this one out to the bitter end / hammer out a little update on Life: One Week Post-Quesita.  I'm also using this opportunity to obnoxiously post oodles of photos I've already obnoxiously posted elsewhere but can't get enough of.  Forgive me. 

{what was supposed to be} 40 weeks... Still boasting the belly. Meh.

Musings on the Weekly Photo
:  Not a photo I would normally post voluntarily, but I for one had no real concept of what a normal body looks like one week post-partum, so hopefully this sucker gives someone else a decent idea of Non-Us-Weekly-Reality.

A late lunch out for L's 1st Week Bday... We're feeling brave (and possibly idiotic).
On our way to celebrate One Week of Awesomeness with lunch out!

Marination Time
: Today, February 28th, was Miss L's due date... Happy First Week, Muppet!

muppet baby

Maternity Clothes: Whilst hanging around the casa, PJs are the name of my game {mostly nursing gowns}.  If we brave the outside world or if guests are visiting, I'm rocking the Old Navy maternity maxi skirt or Ingrid & Isabel leggings with a nursing tank and a LEC Heritage cardigan. {Side Note: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HERITAGE CARDIGAN? If it's discontinued. this will be worse than the Michael C. Hall / Jennifer Carpenter divorce, for reals, y'all.}

First slumber party, just me and my best girl

Fruit of the Week / Size: Cheesette is the size of a SEVEN POUND REAL-LIFE BABY. Or a seven pound wheel of brie in the shape of a baby.  Take your pick.


GranJan & Leighton
This little taquito weighed in at 7 pounds 13 ounces at birth but, due to jaundice and some "lazy sucking" {labeled already, poor kid}, lost a substantial percentage of that number.  Thankfully, she's eating  her way back to her fighting weight and currently tipping the scales at 7 pounds 2 ounces.  

T-Pop & GranJan are leaving...Sad Panda!

Favorites {Bebe's}: swinging, all-access-pass to her hands, being burped by daddy, mama's "Nipple on Your Nose" song {by the time the child turns one, I shall have an entire Broadway show's worth of feeding songs}; back scratches, the ceiling fan.

The Wee-est Eskimo

Favorites {Mama's}: snuggling during nursing, eau de bebe, itty bitty costume changes, Angry Muppet Face, how her hair curls when she gets flushed, walks around the neighborhood.


Dislikes {Bebe's}: Not too many, actually... She is generally such a happy camper! She really only screams when her diaper is dirty at the same time she's decided she's starving.  She doesn't love working for her food {hence the Angry Muppet Face}, but we're working hard to remedy that one!



Dislikes {Mama's}: Our current feeding regimen {more on that later}, but it's all for a good cause, so I can't complain.  Bilirubin heel pricks {behind us, thankfully}.  Incision pain that keeps me from accomplishing a bunch around the house when I actually have the energy to do so.

My girls + red carpet! #oscars

Nicknames: Leity Bear, Burrito Baby, Taco Baby, Taquito Baby, Muppet, Mini-Mupps, Munchkin.


We'll save Highlights for the mother load birth story post, but damn if it hasn't been an entire week full of them.  This little one is my heart... I can't believe she's ours! 

43 comments:

  1. so excited for you! she really is perfect - hope you're healing well and that the recovery goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's as adorbs as they come!!!

    I had to say that your comparison of the missing Heritage Cardigan to the divorce of MCH and Jennifer Carpenter made me laugh out loud in a way I haven't for a long time!! I've made a similar comparison before....although my lost item was my beloved Extra gum that has since turned up. The world might actually end if they discontinue it.

    Glad everyone is healing and happy:-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sweet!!! SO happy for you and your family!! She is perfect. I love that you're posting pictures so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!!! Glad your family is happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable! N had jaundice and we were on a hourly nursing schedule to get him back up to birth weight. As tiring as it is-it pays off in the end. The kid is tipping the scales at 21 lbs 11 oz at 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I want to know is how The Boom is taking to her????

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is gorgeous! That drop in birth weight scared the crap out of me with our nugget and I am thinking I know about your feeding routine to get the weight up. It worked well in the end for us!! Congratulations. Enjoy your precious muppet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just recently discovered the heritage cardigan (even though mine got a hole in it after 1 wearing) and now i'm sad to know they are no longer. i had a lazy sucker too and it stressed me out alot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your little girl! She is just precious, love those cheeks! Hope you're recovering well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kate, you look simply beautiful holding Quesita in that first picture. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your beautiful girl! So happy for your family =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so cute! Congratulations! And I LOVE the owl pj's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is so dear and perfect. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sigh. So lovely. And to see the happy grandparents. Sigh. I hope you get some sleep, I hope you get lots of time to sniff her head:).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!! She is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is just so adorable!! And huge kudos for posting the postpartum picture. I too had no idea what to expect in that department and distinctly remember getting dressed in the hospital for the first time, looking at my Mom while grabbing my still huge belly and saying, "What the hell is THIS?!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is just beautiful and you look great and just glowing.

    Question(and I know you are busy) what nursing tanks do you reco?

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's beautiful and so lucky to have such wonderful parents! So happy for all of you! Also, best line EVER in the history of motherhood: "Or a seven pound wheel of brie in the shape of a baby. Take your pick."

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's gorgeous! You look wonderful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. She's so sweet! I share your obsession with the Heritage cardis and it seems like there are a few left on super clearance: http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/the-heritage-cardigan~203167_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::CAM&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-women-_-sweaters&origin=index

    happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She's just beautiful. Can't wait to meet the newest addition to the family! And, if it's any consulation, I just read an article a couple of weeks ago (with photos!) that indicated that Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter may be heating up again. If you can't have your cardigans, at least you can have Dexter and Deb back together again...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is beautiful! Congratulations and best of luck for these first few weeks- it's a wild ride!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! She is a beautiful baby. And THANK YOU for posting the picture of you. I had my son last summer and had no idea that I would still look pregnant leaving the hospital. Everyone's body reacts differently, but I was just not prepared for the length of time that my belly hung around. It eventually goes away. :) For the most part. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  24. favorite post youve ever written! i love it! she is gorgeous and so are you! motherhood looks good on you, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulation! She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Belly bandit! Start wearing it! I waited until about 5days after my c-section, but it is awesome- will help so much and fake a flat belly!

    ReplyDelete
  27. She is just gorgeous! I know you are on cloud 9! Also, thanks for the realistic post-partum body shot. That's a reality I need to go ahead and get used to now!

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh she is so perfect! congrats! can't wait to watch her grow!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are all just so beautiful and I couldn't be happier for you. What a beautiful time.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I checked with LEC and they are officially discontinuing the Heritage Cardigan. I bought one after reading your blog and now own 5. Devastated!! They suggested the Cafe Cardigan instead, which is 3/4 sleeve and more $. Um, thanks?

    Anyway, congrats on the BEAUTIFUL baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a wonderful first week. L is such a cute baby. My daughter also suffered from jaundice and the doctors made me supplement with formula. Not what I wanted but it helped to clear out the jaundice faster. Glad to hear she is past that now and can work on regaining her weight.

    I am sad to hear that LEC is discontinuing the Heritage cardigan. I thought it was one of their best sellers? I just recently bought 2 for $13 each! Off to check out what is left in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a little beauty! Love this post. Enjoy, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I probably don't even need to say this, but she's DARLING. Cutest tiny muppet ever.

    Also? I was on the LEC website Sunday night and noticed there was no Heritage and immediately thought of you. I hope this isn't some cruel joke!

    (PS...May the marriage and Deb & Dex RIP)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yay, baby pictures :) She's so sweet, congratulations lady!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Her cheeks are delicious and I love that giraffe blanket I have been seeing. Congrats to you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations! Absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  37. she is soooo precious! I'm so happy for you guys. I love the one of Evs with the thumbs up holding her. So sweet to see new dads with their babe.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Absolutely beautiful...congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Can't get over the obscene amount of cuteness and happiness in this post! So thrilled for you, momma!!!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!