Thursday, March 29, 2012

Texas Rite of Passage

Texans are fairly aggressive when it comes to state pride.

I'm not entirely sure how this came to pass {I could take a gander, but that would be neither interesting nor necessary}, but I do know several things to be absolute truths here in this great state:

High school football games will sell out.

Folks will drink Lonestar Beer with enthusiasm {even though it tastes of piss}.

And, come Spring, there will be bluebonnet pictures.

IMG_0523
IMG_0520
IMG_0511
IMG_0541
IMG_0540
IMG_0532
IMG_0531

What?  You say it's unreasonable to expect a 5 week old to cooperate for photographs?

I say shutyourmouthwhenyouretalkingtome.

And pass me a Lonestar, please.

*Muchicimas gracias to Brittany for taking photographs of me and my howler!  And to Maggie for her adorable bubble!  

15 comments:

  1. The one where she is yawning is a FRAMER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg the last one is my favorite. hilarious.
    I can't get over how much she's changed in just 5 weeks.... she's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please go look at my blog right now, as I just went through this with 2 8 yr olds and an 18 months old. All four of us cried by the end of it.

    http://MyBabyBirds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! And I love all the fun things you're getting to do together. The sweet bubble could not be more perfect. And you look beautiful, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME! I love them! My aunt lived in South Texas for a long bit while her girls were younger and she has several photos of them with the blue bonnets! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The one of her yawning OH MY so perfect. She is beautiful and so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these!! And you are positively glowing Mama. You look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Both of you. I especially love the shot of L yawning -- definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a rite of passage! I vividly remember nursing my oldest daughter in the back of the car in between takes! Thankfully we're past that stage now. She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahahaha. So fun to see your sense of humor intact.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures are gorgeoues! I don't think the two of you have ever looked more beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These made me laugh out loud! Not that she isn't a beauty, because she is - just not into that particular Texas rite of passage! The last one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I die from the cute!! She's precious--even with howler face!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!