Monday, April 9, 2012

Menu {Day After} Sunday

A day late and $94 dollars short after today's trip to Target... but here's what we enjoyed for supper last week...

Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken, Asparagus & Walnuts
Pesto Pasta w/ Chicken, Asparagus, & Walnuts
I'm very much looking forward to the garden bounty this warm weather will bring, but until my basil beefs up, it's two heaping scoops of freshly made pesto from the Whole Foods' antipasto bar for us!  Tossed with whole wheat pasta, grilled chicken, roasted asparagus, and walnuts, it makes for a super easy dinner that's reliably delicious. 

Spinach Enchiladas
courtesy of Real Simple
Spinach Enchiladas a la Real Simple
There are two dishes that I really don't bother with, living in Texas... (1) BBQ brisket and (2) enchiladas. Unless you have a huge-ass smoker and/or a sweet Hispanic grandmother with nimble fingers and a tortilla press, you're just better off letting the professionals handle things. However, this enchilada recipe - spotted on Pinterest, natch - intrigued me.  True to the publication's name, these were real simple and real freakin' tasty.  They also reheated like a dream.  This one's a keeper, fo' sho'. 

Veggie Quiche with Spinach & Roasted Asparagus
My little sweet potater helping make sweet potato fries! #babyphotobomb
{I failed to photograph this one so please enjoy this picture of my adorable baby during dinner prep.} This is basically a copy of last week's quiche except I subbed roasted asparagus {left over from Monday's pasta} for the broccoli and brussels.  I would make quiche every week if E didn't protest the frequency of "lady lunch food."  

Buffalo Dogs with Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Buffalo Dogs with Sweet Potato Fries #badfoodphotography
Another main dish repeat from last week, but we crisped up some sweet potato fries in the oven this time around.  For fries: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Nuke a scrubbed sweet potato {pierced with a fork} for 2 minutes on High. Thinly slice potato into rounds.  Toss with olive oil, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and smoked paprika.  Bake on a cookie sheet or foil lined pan in a single layer for 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through. 

5 comments:

  1. The spinach enchiladas sound delcious! I'll have to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks de-licious, as usual :) And a huge (super belated ;( ) congratulations on your adorable little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling, I love your blog. So much that I featured you in my "Top Ten" post today!
    here it is - feel free to link back to it if you want:
    http://dashspersonalstyling.blogspot.com/2012/04/monday-link-love-10-really-good-reads.html

    xoxo,
    dash

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an adorable sous chef! I am going to get right on those enchiladas, they look great and I've decided to try and go meatless a couple of nights per week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sweet potato chips look amazing! I always try to make fries but they get burnt but weirdly not crispy. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!