Sunday, June 3, 2012

Menu Sunday

Just three meals last week due to the long holiday weekend... and of course I failed to take a photo of the first one.  I am sure y'all are simply distraught to be missing my gorgeous food photography, but I trust y'all will survive!  

Jalepeno Popper Chicken with Spanish Rice & Sauteed Squash
chicken adapted from Skinny Taste 

Perhaps it's a good thing we're skipping the photoshoot on this one... Mine weren't nearly as pretty as Gina's.  To the contrary, as I have yet to master the art of rolling chicken, my little dudes looked a bit like Frankenstein with all the toothpicks holding them together. But!  They were rather tasty!  Modifications: I skipped the bacon and used the cheddar and cream cheese that was already in my fridge; i.e. not the low fat varieties. 

Roasted Steak Salad
original recipe from Cheeky Kitchen
Steak Salad #wfd
I've made this so many times that I probably don't need to tell y'all again how delicious and easy {and easily adaptable!} it is... This go 'round I went with brussels sprouts instead of asparagus and Parmesan instead of gorgonzola. 

Crockpot Beer Chicken Tostadas with Black Bean Crema
chicken courtesy of How Sweet It Is
Crockpot Beer Chicken Tostadas with Black Bean Crema #wfd
A really solid slowcooker recipe from Jessica!  I used Shiner Ruby Redbird beer, and the meat was ridiculously flavorful and juicy. To make the black bean crema: In a food processor, pulse together one can of black beans {drained and rinsed}, 1/4 c. nonfat Greek yogurt, 1/4 c. salsa, and the juice from one lime.  Top tortillas with crema, chicken, and cheese, and toast them in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for about 7 minutes. 

3 comments:

  1. both recipes sound great....I think I will have to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tostadas look muy delicioso!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a master chef! Where do you find the time with all the other things you have on your plate? I don't work a real job or have kids and still can't manage time to make new recipes... You are super Mom!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!