Wednesday, October 17, 2012

requisite pumpkin patch nonsense

Hand, Foot, & Mouth has overtaken my child with a vengeance.  Forget the Benadryl + Mylanta paste, I need an exorcist.  The whole situation is sad and pitiful and heartbreaking and there is not enough wine in my house to properly cope.  

But! But!  There are pumpkin patch photographs that must be plastered on yet another form of social media... so indulge me as I recall happier times, will you?

Those familiar with Dallas will recognize the Arboretum's famous Pumpkin Village. For all the non-locals, imagine your typical pumpkin patch on crack. My handy dandy members' brochure boasts 50,000 pumpkins and gourds on display, but my very poor estimation skills would have guessed at least three times that many. Regardless, it's a true sight to behold.  Combine the festive village with the current Chihuly exhibit and you have yourself a bona fide Outing. 

Since the Arboretum is within walking distance of our house, we invested in a family membership... hence our multiple photo ops.  

Our first trip this season was with one of my moms' groups on "Tiny Tot Tuesdays"... which basically translates to "this is going to be an even bigger racket than usual."  As we already know, L was not entirely impressed with her premier Pumpkin Village voyage...

IMG_1242
Unless this pony is headed home with us, I'd rather hang with Petey
IMG_1245
I guess we're really doing this...
IMG_1250
IMG_1256
IMG_1262
IMG_1264
IMG_1272
IMG_1275

A mere three days later, my parents joined E, L, and I for even more pumpkins and Chihuly gazing...

IMG_1281
IMG_1286
IMG_1291
IMG_1297
IMG_1299
IMG_1308
IMG_1310
IMG_1318
IMG_1320
IMG_1321
IMG_1322
IMG_1325
IMG_1316
IMG_1304

Chihuly's works are incredible... If you're in the area within the next 19 days, I highly recommend to take a gander... and perhaps snap a few shots amongst the pumpkins while you're at it! 


12 comments:

  1. What a neat patch! You got some great photos! I hope the hand,
    foot and mouth illness vacates soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little green smocked pumpkin dress!! Oh, and tell L that I caught HFM disease this summer, so I feel her pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool place-the pumpkins and Chihuly's works are incredible! love the green smocked dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Chihuly's are amazing - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little girl. At least you got in some absolutely darling pictures prior to virus striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shirt! Would you be willing to share where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The navy and white striped one is from Gap (current) and the ivory tunic is from Steinmart (or all places)...but I purchased it about 2 years ago :(

      Delete
  7. These pictures are adorable. Your little family is so cute!

    I loveeeeeeeee love love love Chihuly!! He had an exhibit in Boston last year, and I wish all of the gorgeous glass would come back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Question: how do you like your stroller? I'm considering a bumbleride indie and would love to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVE my Indie! I'm about to do a "favorite baby items" post and will go into more detail there, but the bottom line is YAY BUMBLERIDE!

      Delete
  9. I think L needs her own little elephant!

    https://www.onekingslane.com/product/16541/828457?aname=sales_event&lname=product_link

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, if I lived in Dallas, I'd have to have a membership to the Arboretum too. Your pics are really great. I love L's colorful pumpkin dress.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!