Tuesday, October 9, 2012

unsolicited advice

Some days?

Your child will nap for shit, and you'll bust your ass to get the both of you to a fun, tactile, brain-stimulating, seasonally festive event -- one that includes a freakin' petting zoo, I might add -- and this is the face you'll get throughout the entire afternoon:

Untitled

Those days? 

Have the good sense to surround yourself with mamas who share their Cheddar Bunnies and think half past noon is just the perfect time for Oktoberfest microbrews from the snack bar. 

This is the stuff they should write in bolded bullet points in the parenting books. 

12 comments:

  1. you're adorable. love this. and little L's face made me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most delightfully bitchy, judgmental, ADORABLE face EVER. Hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like every time we have a birthday party to attend, napping does not happen, and that is the face that is on display the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hat - love! And oh how I wish that Oktoberfest microbrews were happening for me right now...enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Hey mom, what do you expect, my ears have been pinned down for three hours?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least she's not screaming. Because mine? would've been screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been there, done that. I am glad you have friends that lend a little helping hand...beer at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That face is still completely and totally adorbs and I agree... that stuff should be in parenting books. Love your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least its a really, really, really, incredibly cute face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture is PERFECTION. Made me guffaw out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. word. and sometimes your two year old will just be out of control and will not stop screaming and will need to be exorcised and there's nothing you can do. not that that has ever happened ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! Well said. I have a feeling that if these stories made it into parenting books, there would be fewer children in the world. Maybe not though because I know these things and I still have two! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!