That would just be awkward.
Also... biologically perplexing.
However! I am spilling my New Mama Confession, along with two other newly-minted madres, over on Running from the Law today, so hop on over and say holla to Sara and have a chuckle at my expense!
And, just because I'm feeling gabby, here are a few bonus confessions from my little corner of Motherhood...
- I am having a torrid affair... with Target Up & Up brand diapers. Yes, I love my cloth, but
they've been so cold and uncommunicative latelywe've been battling a nasty yeast rash for over a month, and we're using disposables and a heavy duty anti-fungal (gross) for flair-ups. I'll be happy to get back to my BGs full time, but I sure will miss the lighter laundry loads and the freedom from poop-scrapeage.
- I am thrilled that my child is taking her sweet time with pulling up and cruising. I already have a husband who leaves debris in his wake; I'm in no rush to deal with the mini version as well, thankyouverymuch. However, this clarity will not stop me from giving you the stink-eye when you boast about your younger-than-mine child's advanced mobility. I know my gleeful visions of your toppled-over Christmas tree are irrational, but I can't really help myself.
- I bought a package of Mint Truffle Hersey's Kisses at Target on Monday and they are already gone.
- That last one had nothing to do with being a mama, but I just felt you should know.
- You know how you're supposed to talk to babies all the time? You dictate all your actions and describe their surroundings constantly in hopes they are soaking up all that good language juice in their wee spongy brains? Well, sometimes I'll look up and realize it's been an hour since I said anything other than "let's not chew on the soles of dad's running shoes." Then I'll go into Damage Control Overdrive... READ ALL THE BOOKS! MAKE ALL THE ANIMAL SOUNDS! ...as if that one hour has already stolen her future Pulitzer Prize.
Any confessions you'd like to get off your chest... of the mama variety or otherwise?