Wednesday, January 23, 2013

bag brag

I'm sure I don't need to say this, but for the sake of crossing "t"s and all... this ain't no Cole Haan freebie {a girl can dream, though, yes?}... Just wanted to share the love on this bag in case y'all are on the hunt for a great one that puts Mary Poppins' purse to shame!

bag review

When I was pregnant, the baby item which precipitated the most Irrational Emo Moments was undoubtedly the diaper bag.  

You see, I love me a bag.  Shoes are great, and there's certainly a special place in my heart for pretty soles, but there's just something about a gorgeous bag.  It's like that just-right shade of red lipstick... you can wear it with sweats and feel just a tad more fabulous. 

So when it came time to choose the bag I'd carry with me whenever I left the house with my Best Girl, I put a lot of thought into my selection... Probably too much anyone who talked to me for 5 seconds or more during my 2nd trimester some would say.  

In the end, I decided on a classic boat tote from Lands End.  Not the obvious choice, but it worked really well for us... easy to clean, tons of pockets, zippered top, no obnoxious babyish prints.   I cannot recommend it enough if you're looking for something understated and practical as your diaper bag.  It's definitely an item we'll continue to use for a very long time for travel.  

But!  After nearly a year of hard use, I was itching for a change to something a bit more... Fun?  Fancy?  In accordance with my previous, un-mama-ed self?  

All of the above! 

Shopper Review

With 11 months of mothering under my belt {SUCH AN EXPERT, I KNOW}, I now feel comfortable leaving the house without the entire CVS diapering aisle, but I still need a decent chunk of cargo space for bambino snacks and sippy cups and OhMahGerd Please Sit Nicely in the Cart for 10 More Minutes diversionary toys.  

Also on my Wish List?  A cross-body strap... makes it so much easier to haul Munchkin + Gear when out and about. 

Enter the Crosby Shopper... a great looking bag that meshes my past and present lives seamlessly {gag, that sentence is nauseating, apologies}.  Cute, yes?  And look how much shit it holds!  

photo 5
{1} two dry bags: one empty for dirty cloth diapers / one holding a disposable diaper, wipes, travel size diaper cream, and Boogie Wipes; {2} That's Not My Snowman, Melissa & Doug worm, Old McDonald finger puppet glove, banana toothbrush / teether, alabaster and silver teething ring; {3} wallet; {4} sippy cup and mini-tupperware of cheddar bunnies; {5} lavender-scented trash bags; {6} keys; {7} snack trap of Cheerios; {8} makeup bag with 800 lipglosses; {9} changing pad. 

I keep my wallet, keys, and phone, as well as the tiny teethers in the three interior pockets and let the rest float around... definitely not a bag for the truly OCD, but there's enough compartmentalization that I don't feel frazzled when searching for an item. 

So!  There it is... my new non-diaper diaper bag.  

I think it's pretty swell. 

Highly recommend.

{How does one end a post like this?}

{Awkward.}

17 comments:

  1. I have this bag as well, and it's AMAZING. Granted, I don't use it as a diaper bag, but I can see how it would be the perfect one size fits all. I also get nonstop compliments on the bag - and who doesn't love that kind of pick me up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going through the "diaper bag" search right now and can. not. decide. Love this one and practical for days and nights without baby too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all things Cole Haan and this bag is no different. I love the shape and the colour. Instead of baby crap, I'm thinking I could definitely fit a couple pairs of shoes in that sucka!
    Thanks for sharing (I can't believe L is almost a year!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek! I'm not even a mummy, and I think that's totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bag and I don't have a little one either :) Also, I love your top! Where is it from? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's from Banana Republic, maybe 2 years ago?

      Delete
  6. I just love the "And look how much shit it holds!" comment. And that bag is freaking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always torn. During the week I need a purse, but on the weekends I hate carrying both a purse and a diaper bag. Sigh... I do like this bag though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bag.
    I downsized from diaper bag to real-purse for my birthday present in November. I think I was a little too zealous in the downsizing... Not cool to have diapers, plastic cars and trucks, as well as wallet constantly falling out (Kate Spade something-or-other). Oh well, gotta get a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!! I swear if a rolling suitcase ever becomes the must have bag of the moment-- I could fill that bad boy up and rock it like none other with ALL OF THE STUFF I tote around. Great find in that Shopper tote!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did this all wrong. You need to go about it in the manner of MODG and tell everyone you have the perfect diaper bag but refuse to share it because you are a juvenile person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies. I'll try to make up for it with an upcoming post about how I'm THE ONKY MOTHER EVER ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH TO HAVE A SICK CHILD MY LIFE IS SO HAAAAAAARD

      Delete
  11. hi! I love your blog. I have a bambino about a month younger than L, so all of your baby review stuff has been perfect-o timing and I've pretty much mooched off of a lot of your choices. So...thanks. Have you moved from the infant car seat to a convertible, and if so, which one did you choose and do you like it? I know this post is about your bag (which I love, btw) and not car seats, but it seemed as good a place as any (i.e., I got lazy looking for your older posts reviewing baby stuff). Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! We switched a while back...maybe October? L was starting to hate the infant carrier! We have the Britax Marathon (the new one - I think the model is something like 70-G3?) and we love it!!! We also have a Cosco seat - super super basic, no bells or whistles - in E's car. We only ride in his car maybe once a month as a family, so we went the economy route for our 2nd seat.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! We went ahead and waited until J was 2 lbs below the weight limit in his infant seat to finally get around to doing this. Nothing like planning ahead (my excuse is that we live in a city and walk him to daycare and then work, so really only drive for errands on weekends). We've been looking at the Britax Boulevard, glad to hear that you like the Britax brand too. Lucie's List is a big fan so I feel like it's the way to go!

      Delete
  12. Oh, perfect timing! I'm in desperate need of a new bag. I'm tired of toting around the diaper bag, but I still need something big enough for Sam's essentials. Let the shopping begin!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!