Wednesday, February 27, 2013

easy to please

Well.

We're off.

On our very first trip sans bebe.

We've had a decent amount of evenings out, but never a full night away.  So of course we start off with five nights, two time zones apart. 

Go hard or go home. 

Or, in our case, go to Napa. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't missing my sugar sack like crazy -- driving away from her yesterday was a major Emo Mama Moment.

Wait...y'all are going to California WITHOUT me?! {miss this face already}
To GranJan's house we go... 
I cried / she gave me the stinkeye for interrupting her rice cake feast.

But.  BUT!  I'd also be Pinocchio if I didn't express my complete and utter delight at the prospect of a child-free vacation.  Napa itself is my personal Vegas - the food, the natural beauty, THE WINE... you'd be hard-pressed to find a happier place on Earth {my apologies to Mickey}.  

And yet... this trip?  This trip is all about the little things for me.  

Little things like...

An airplane flight wherein my boobs stay inside my shirt... like, for the entire time.

I am literally giddy at the prospect of being in an airport and on a plane while I have use of both my hands simultaneously.  

Shall I purchase myself a Starbucks?  Shall I read magazines?  

Maybe I'll retrieve my Kindle from my unbelievably light and dainty carry-on luggage!  

Perhaps I'm in the mood for a little music!  Or some Candy Crush?  An episode of Homeland?

THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS.  

{And none of them involve nursing tank tops!}

I might very well just sit peacefully and stare at personal hotdog toasters in the SkyMall. 

Basically, we could be flying to Hoboken, and I'd probably be pretty jazzed. 

But not as jazzed as I'll be when I wake up tomorrow in Napa. 

{...and I get to pee in the bathroom all by myself!}

13 comments:

  1. You wouldn't be jazzed about Hoboken, let me tell YOU.

    But HOORAY NAPA!!!! blah blah SATC quote about taking a nap-a. have a marvelous time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I'd be such a mess leaving, good for you for going big! ... and you might like Hoboken, it has more bars per sq mile than anywhere else in the country (or so they say), so maybe like Napa for beer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember how it felt to get away!

    We're supposed to have warm dry weather this weekend. Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time! Sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds heavenly! The wine, the magazines, the peeing alone - ALL OF IT. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WONDERFUL! You are going to have a wonderful time, and be so refreshed and ready to see that gal about your return. Have you weaned completely? We haven't talked about this, have we? I definitely felt like crap physically for about a week afterwards, but now I am enjoying my freedom (and teeny boobs).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually meant to write you an email about weaning this week! We still nurse before her nap and before bed but it's literally for 5 minutes and probably more for my benefit than hers (I am pretty sure she could care less and she has no issues if we skip). We shall see if she has any interest when I return (I'm guessing no)! I will miss the snuggles as she is not a cuddler but I am very much looking forward to both boobs being the same size again!

      Delete
  7. Have fun! We are going on our first baby-free trip to San Fran/Napa later this spring. Let me know if you have any lodging/restaurant/vineyard tour recommendations...we are a little clueless when it comes to travels in that region.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Napa is my own personal happy place as well....I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, Yes. We did my bachelorette party in Sonoma/Napa and my friends often make fun of me for exclaiming "This is just like Disney World for Adults!!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. For as much as I missed my baby boy during our first trip away it SURE WAS nice to not wear a nursing bra for a few days. And, to be able to have adult beverages without considering the baby's feeding schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I grew up in the Bay Area, quite near Napa. I love to visit the wineries (but have never been for more than a day trip). Please give us a breakdown of what was amazing and anything to avoid? I will be taking a friend wine tasting during my first trip away from the little guy in a month and I would love to hear your opinions. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope y'all had a great time! Can't wait for a recap :) Also....hand raised over here as another poor soul completely addicted to candy crush. Thank goodness for nursing. It makes me feel like I have a bit of an excuse for playing such a silly game.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!