Friday, April 5, 2013

Dallas Blooms

Like 94% of my content of late, I meant to write this post at least 2 weeks ago.  But, ya know, as Sister Hazel {yep, I was relevant 16 years ago} is fond of saying, life got in the way. 

Or Candy Crush got in the way.

And maaaaaaaybe back episodes of Pretty Little Liars.

{Shut. Up.}

{No. Seriously. I can hear your judgment.} 

Anyhoodle,  Dallas Blooms has been frolicking along delightfully at the Arboretum for the past month or so.  We're at the Arboretum a lot regardless {stir-crazy toddler? absolutely no excuse to hit up Target for things you can't possibly need but still must purchase?  grab a latte and some cheddar bunnies and plop yourselves right on down somewhere pretty and outside.}, but we're powerless to pass up tulips upon tulips upon tulips when presented with a free afternoon. 

Stinker
Have these been posted already? Eh.
Untitled

With all our recent visits, it's been neat {neat! neat-o! throw some flowers at me and my vocabulary reverts to that of a gum-smacking Pink Lady.} to see the beds progress from mostly pansies to thick with tulips to brilliant azaleas. 

IMG_2240
IMG_2244
IMG_2251
IMG_2245
IMG_2250
IMG_2257
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Tulips are on their last gasp but I don't think it's possible for the azaleas to be any prettier

If you're local, you still have 48 hours to "officially" enjoy the Dallas Blooms festival, but I'm a-bettin' there will be flowers a-plenty for a good while.  You can bet we'll be loafing around, enjoying the scenery, until it gets too hot to exist outside A/C... hopefully that's not next week. 

10 comments:

  1. You're hilarious! Took my 2 month old to Target for his first time today (just to get Pampers that we NEEDED). How is the cloth diapering going by he way? Because I am still undecided.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's to many more trips to Target for things NEEDED {which, in my humble opinion, include, but are not limited to, nail polish, fancy sounding trail mix, pajamas for the baby, pajamas for you, more nail polish, really cute notecards, a new yoga mat even though you haven't done yoga in 4 years, etc, etc, etc.

      ANYHOO. I still love cloth. HOWEVER, L's tush doesn't love cloth. I need to do a full CD Update Post, but we're on a break with cloth at the moment because of reoccurring diaper rash. The CDs just don't wick moisture away like disposables do unfortunately... which isn't usually a problem, but seems to be for L. Hoping we can come up with a solution... if not, we'll definitely be reusing with #2. And, in the mean time, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Target brand disposables.

      It all comes back to Target.

      Always.

      Delete
  2. 1. Sister Hazel!!!
    2. L's little kimono get-up.
    3. Stunning flowers.

    This post makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) YAY for another Sister Hazel throw-back fan!

      Delete
  3. I saw Sister Hazel play at the Naval Academy when I was in high school...

    What beautiful flowers! Makes me so eager for Spring (if it ever gets here in SW VA).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me crazy jealous. I NEED spring to arrive and stay here. No more of this 70 one day, 40 the next. I want sunshine and pretty flowers in my life (and cheddar bunnies!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just flipping through my college scrapbooks and landed upon the page where I went with friends to see Sister Hazel in Athens, GA. Good times!

    PS now I want to go to Target.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! DH has a flower obsession (which results in her decimating my pansies), so she would freak the fuck out at the Dallas Blooms Festival right now. There would possibly be nary a tulip left after her grubby little hands attacked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of "gentle, please. No touching. Gentle! GEEEEEENTLE!" shouted from our camp!

      Delete

happy little comments!