Friday, August 2, 2013

five on friday

Our house has harnessed the power of the interwebs once again -- it was dicey there for a few days, but we're back in business {excuses, excuses, I know}... just in time for a little Five on Friday linkage


Five. 
Untitled
Untitled

We hit up Barnes & Noble this morning for story time with Clifford the Big Red Dog.  L was more impressed with the mini Adirondack chairs than the actual human-sized Clifford {we attempted to have our photo made and it was... traumatic, giving me a preview of what I hope will be an epic Crying Santa Photo this Christmas}... until that Big Red Dog made his escape.  Then she went all Streetcar Named Desire on me and chased Clifford down the aisles screeching dramatically {Stellaaaaaaaaaaaaa!}.  Oh. And then we had froyo, which was my favorite part. 

Four. 
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Last weekend, we had the pleasure of hosting the M family for a too-short yet just-what-the-doctor-ordered visit!  Watching O and L interact was, in a word, awesome -- they were such adorable and sweet playmates {unless the Cozy Coupe was involved... then they both whipped out their toddler-sized brass knuckles.}.  There was also margaritas, prosecco and Cards Against Humanity... sadly, I learned I truly blow at the latter {too literal, I think?}, but, thankfully, I remain highly skilled when it comes to the former two. 

Three. 
Untitled

Since it's officially August, I am officially reaching my 100+ Degree Temperature Quota {which, is pretty spoiled of me as we spent so much time in WY this summer, plus the weather has been relatively mild - for Texas - this year}.  The afternoons this week have been pretty miserable, unless we're torso deep in chlorinated water.  Having no backyard pool or club membership, we have several lovely friends who've been kind enough to invite us along to swim... and, we've also been squatting at a very lovely-yet-unguarded, nearby apartment  complex pool.  I feel absolutely secure in this decision. 

Two. 
Untitled

Got mah hairs cut.  And lightened.  Thank gawd.  I think it's actually a bit shorter than it appears in this photo... definitely collarbone length.  I love it -- feels so much lighter! 

One. 
IT IS UPON US

It's coming.  Needless to say, I am pee-my-pants excited. 



9 comments:

  1. I've decided that Hatch Chile season marks the imminent arrival of fall. My husband has declared me delusion but I remain firm in this belief. Pumpkin lattes are coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of hatch chiles without thinking of you now.

    L chasing after Clifford is so adorable it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks gorgeous! And love your sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here.... Left Whole Foods yesterday and saw their hatch chiles signage and immediately thought of you!! Ha! Love the hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obsessed with your hair. Have no idea what Hatch is but yay? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already told you on IG but your hair looks so good! I was going to lowlight next time in an attempt to go low maintenance but your fresh highlights have me doubting that decision big time! Your love for Hatch chiles makes me wish we had them in Florida. I'll have to scout the Fresh Market and Whole Foods to see if any of them get lost and end up here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truth: Bought a big 'ole bag of hatch chiles for the past TWO years and they go moldy in my fridge. I just never got around to roasting and freezing! Woah that's lazy. WILL be doing them this year! Now that it is on the internet it must be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks awesome. I am thinking of going light myself. This is some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!