Friday, August 9, 2013

five on friday


I think I shall rename this blog Five on Friday.  T'would be fitting, given my recent posting history, yes?

Let's circle 'round and link on up for another installment, shall we...


Five. 

If I owed the Mighty Interwebs an excuse, I could totally blame this week's lack of posting on Orange is the New Black.  It is my new, delicious, delightful naptime entertainment.  Do your funny bone and your noodle a favor and start streaming this if you haven't already!  {E and I are also very much enjoying House of Cards... Netflix is the new AMC is the new HBO.}

Four.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

This past Easter, my aunt J {for whom L is named} married a wonderful guy in a lovely, intimate family ceremony in Austin.  And this past weekend, we celebrated all over again, partying it up right with their many friends in Dallas!  It's rare we have the opportunity to go full-out black tie, but I think we did the dress code proud {I "Rented the Runway" and was, yet again, super impressed with both my dress and their service}.  The decor, the food, and the band were all superb, although I believe my favorite part of the entire evening was hamming it up on the dance floor to Don't Stop Believin' with my 88 year old grandmother. 

Three.
Untitled

Also featured on the highlight reel?  The opportunity to capture FIVE generations in one photograph!  My great, great aunt Puddin {given name Kathryn - just like moi!}, a native New Orleanian, is 92 years old and is sharper than the majority of folks 20 years her junior.  She and my Mama J are actually aunt and niece, although their ages differ by only 5 years {my great grandfather was the eldest son of 9 surviving children... Puddin was the youngest daughter}.  We were so tickled Puddin got to meet L, and we are trying to make a trip to NOLA to visit her happen soon!  

Two. 
Untitled
Untitled
It's been quite a foodie week for me and my willing{ish} sidekick!  Not only was Wednesday the first day of Central Market's Annual Hatch Fest, but Trader Joe's {Dallas proper's first!} opened three miles from our house today!  So. Many. Trips. To. The. Market.  We still have a ton of Hatch goodies to load up on in the next couple of weeks, but for those of y'all with a CM nearby, I can vouch for the Hatch chocolate chip cookies, the Hatch pepper dip, the tortilla chips, the chicken fajita wraps, the hummus, the frozen half-baguettes, and the shrimp quesadillas.  GO FORTH AND HATCH!  As far as TJs goes, we're still getting our bearings, but I'm jazzed to have a few frozen suppers up my suppers up my sleeve, as well as some gorgeous $4 sunflowers and the dark chocolate coconut bon bons. {See readers' Trader Joe's favorites here!}

One. 
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
It seems my child has developed strong feelings for an oversized stuffed longhorn steer.  In this household, we all hold Bevo in the highest regard, but L is taking things to the extreme... Trips tot he pool and Barnes & Noble, private Cozy Coupe chauffeur tours, catered dinners of only the finest felt IKEA fruit -- I've never seen such pampered plush livestock.  It's pretty hysterical... but I kinda wish she would have chosen something slightly... smaller? 

14 comments:

  1. Yes, to Netflix series! We watched House of Cards in one week. And Orange is the New Black in one week. Thank goodness Nick is going back to school soon! Also, thank goodness Breaking Bad returns on Sunday :)

    And FIVE generations?! Too cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Netflix is killing it right now! We finished HoC before our vacation and started OitNB this week. I'm loving it!

    LOve the 5 generations photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is cracking me up. Prissy had a ginormous elephant she was attached to. She was pretty devastated when he "went to grandma's" but I couldn't take it any longer

    ReplyDelete
  4. ATX is getting its first Trader Joe's soon and I think the frozen meals will be the way my family consistently gets meals made around these parts because Mama is a terrible planner, shopper, organizer, and chef. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Rent the Runway! Just tried it for the first time in June when we went to French Laundry and will definitely be renting again (esp. as the ole' bump gets bumpier...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How does one get a name like Puddin? What can I do to get such a sweet name? Love it.

    I was definitely considering that dress for an upcoming wedding....you looked FABOOSH in it! I will have to find another occasion to rent it (I ended up buying a dress).

    Happy Hatch Season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hatch chocolate chip cookies?! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that L is all about her steer. :)

    and if you come to New Orleans, we will just have to try and meet up or something because you do know that's my hometown, right?

    oh and if you thought the food in Charleston was good- brace yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! We loooove the food in NOLA!

      Delete
  9. im obsessed with L's bevo obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  10. perhaps Hatch season swallowed you up. I have been anxiously awaiting all the wonderful food you make with those little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a LOVELY post:) your blog Is SO cute

    Check out my blog ….with lots of cute Swedish decor inspiration:)

    Have a great weekend dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!