Monday, October 7, 2013

happy happenings

Well, shucks.

Thank y'all so much for the outpouring of cheer and congratulations in response to last Wednesday's post!  Y'all sure do know how to make a girl feel loved and missed.

I hated to fly-by post-and-run, but we had to book it up to Charlottesville early Thursday morning to celebrate the nuptials of one of my very favorite people {and hang out with two of my other very favorite people} {basically, there were a lot of favorite people sitting pretty in Virginia this weekend}.

Untitled
PicFrame
PicFrame

The bride and groom were gorgeous, the celebration: superb, and the company: unbeatable {you're next, L&D!}.  Only cooler weather could have made the long weekend more perfect {WTF East Coast? Dallas had y'all beat by a cool 10 degrees}.  And perhaps we could have done without the 20 stiletto-ed bachelorette revelers trouncing about overhead in our charming-yet-poorly-insulated 1920s rental.  But all-in-all, a truly smashing 72 hours. 

A&R will be tying the knot yet again in Mumbai this January.  Still attempting to convince E a transoceanic flight is a great idea in the third trimester.  Personally, my Future 7 Months Pregnant Self cannot think of anything better sounding than unlimited amounts of palak paneer and shaking it in a sari.  WE SHALL SEE. 

Anywhoodle, now that we're back in Dallas with the cat out of the bag, I'm hoping to be back to posting much more regularly {it's hard to drum up content whilst simultaneously keeping first trimester vomit out of your hair and an energetic toddler far from certain death}.  Be back manana with a few updates from Baby Manination v.2.0... Until then, a little 14 week bumpage:

Untitled
well, hello there

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I am due 4/1/14 too! Excited to see your posts over the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thrilled that you will be blogging again! I don't read many blogs anymore but yours remains one of my favorites and I am looking forward to updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super pleased to see you back. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear about your experiences with #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest. Glad you enjoyed Cville! Looked like a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo on L hiding that blinged out hand of hers :)
    YAY to you all having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is so pretty! Do you remember where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is from Anthropologie - I bought it this year at the end of March.

      Delete
  7. I also got married at the Clifton Inn! Love that place--

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!