Thursday, November 21, 2013

21 weeks

Jumping right in this week...

Untitled

Marination Time: 21 weeks! It's been a big week for 21s... L turned 21 months today {the 21st} -- her "golden month" birthday, I guess we can call it?  Which means she'll be 2 {!!!} in 3 months... and B will be here 5ish weeks after that.  This is terrifying.  On so many levels. 

Feeling: Generally great, although I was sick this week.  I think it was just a head cold coupled with a little dehydration, but I also had one evening of really, really intense "fullness" in my abdomen.  It was so uncomfortable and disconcerting that I had a really difficult time sleeping.  I was a little anxious the feeling might be contractions {although they felt very different than Braxton Hicks} and/or a bladder infection {I've heard during pregnancy they often don't involve the same pain as they do normally}, but it passed after a restless night. Trying to drink tons and tons of water as I often had BH contractions when I didn't drink enough water with L and to ward off any bladder troubles. 

Cravings / Aversions: I realize I was totally remiss in failing to mention the insanely delicious chicken fried steak I had at Tillman's Roadhouse 2 weeks ago.  Seriously, that thing was E-P-I-C.  I don't think I've had a chicken fried steak since I was a law clerk trying to prove I was just as cool as the big boys who could demolish the head-sized CFS at Babe's.  That experience was miserable... this one was a fantastical voyage of the taste buds.  As far as this week goes, I did hear a honey baked ham commercial on the radio and have since been thinking a honeyed-ham sandwich on a Sister Shubert roll with grainy mustard would be absolutely spectacular. Minty dessert things are still pretty fabulous as well, but I just don't have the urgency to indulge in cravings like I did with L. Good for the waistline... although not all that fun. 

Other Differences: I am feeling a bit guilty that I have zero urge to nest.  We haven't done a thing to the guest room {although Baby Boy does have quite the growing wardrobe -- I am quite capable in that department}, and I know the holidays + the month of February are going to fly by.  Perhaps I'll be quite efficient in March. 

Sex / Name: Boy / BTH!

Movement: Allllll the time, all over.  Not on the outside yet. 

Sleep: Worse this week. I wake up on my back and my stomach a lot, both of which are no longer good or comfy positions. 

Maternity Clothes: Pulling more and more of them out of the bin in my closet... I really need to get in gear and officially unpack it all.  There is a decent amount of Lady Lawyer things that I can probably get rid of. 

Highlight of the Week: Visiting Austin for my mom's birthday / checking in on our favorite post-op patient! We had a great 3 day visit and also managed to see some friends.  

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Gratuitous Big Sister Photos

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Her expression in the random toothbrush photo just kills me {plus, I am pretty in love with that whole outfit from Old Navy*}... And I am already looooooving this age at the holidays.  We spent 40 minutes happily looking at the reindeer and Christmas trees at NorthPark yesterday.  I have found our new icky day winter activity! 

*links are NOT affiliate or sponsored... just attempting to be helpful! 

12 comments:

  1. When did y'all go to Northpark? I'm trying to find a good day to go that's not super crowded so I can show Molly the trains.... I love/hate that mall during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops - see below. Didn't press Reply to your question!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, thanks for reminding me about the trains! I think you can buy tickets to that so that area is crowd-controlled!

    We went right after I picked her up from "school" yesterday - from about 3-4. It was getting more crowded when we were leaving with kids getting out from school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pigtails in the last pic. Cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just went a little cray-cray this week, buying my wee niece some Christmas presents in the form of adorable clothes from Old Navy. Which includes that peplum sweater in the same color plus the white with black polka dot dress. And maybe a few (10) other adorable things. Love these adorable little girl clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. please only put L in pigtails from now on. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they not the cutest?!! Unfortunately, she won't sit still for me! She screams like I'm skinning her alive...but apparently she will sit happily while Miss Rosemary at school does them! I might have to hire Miss Rosemary to come over to our house every morning...

      Delete
  6. Looking great and I'm obsessed with L's pigtails. My daughter's hair just got long enough for teeny ones, and I do them every chance I get (which isn't often because she screams).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you done with lady lawyering or just while you have little kids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely going back to work in a couple of years.

      Delete
  8. I could devour an entire pan of Sister Schubert rolls. The. Best. I'm also quite fond of their sausage wrap rolls and cinnamon rolls. Your ham/mustard combo sounds delish!

    Happy early Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!