Thursday, January 9, 2014

26-28 weeks


2013/14: The Winter of the Vest. AKA: I'm too cheap to buy a maternity coat for schizophrenic Texas weather. 

Marination Time: 28 weeks -- officially in the 3rd trimester!  L and I were at the toddler open gym on Tuesday, and we were trampoline bouncing with another mom who looked to be about as pregnant as me with a son who looked to be about the same age as L... She asked me how many weeks I was, and it took me a good minute to come up with the correct answer.  I must have turned beet red, because she assured me kindly she routinely told people the wrong week when they asked.  Such goes pregnancy numero dos... If you put a gun to my head and asked me how I was measuring "produce wise," I'd be hard-pressed to tell you if we're an eggplant or a spaghetti squash this week.  {Unnecessary Update: Eggplant! I checked!} ANYHOODLE... Too fast!  Slow down!  I'm not ready! 

Feeling: My sciatic is horrendous by the end of the day, and sleep is becoming fitful.  And I definitely have that super fun shortness of breath thing going on.  But my energy level is still up, and I'm super thankful I can still plop down on the floor with L and chase her around with {relative} ease {if not grace}. 

Cravings / Aversions: Sweets are pretty awesome again.  Oddly enough, baked goods seem to give me bad heartburn.  That hasn't stopped me from enjoying the remains of the holiday cookie spoils. 

#2 Compared to #1: I am super heartened to discover that, after perusing my old updates, I did not have my nursery act together with L until 32+ weeks or so.  I was sure I had about 70% completed by this point and was starting to feel like a terrible nester {if you hadn't guessed, we've done nothing to the guest room at this point}. 

Movement: This child is a ninja.  He moves way more than L ever did, and I'm a little worried this is foreshadowing for a tiny Tasmanian Devil.  I can feel him settle at times in the right side of my uterus, which is where L got stuck by my septum. I spend a decent chunk of the downtime I have laying on my left side and doing some yoga to try and coerce him out of that "comfort zone."  If he's going to get stuck there, I'd like it to happen in about 8 weeks, and I'd like him to be head-down when it happens.  We shall see! 

Sleep: Not great.  My hips ache when I get up.. although they don't hurt during the night... I'm just super restless and easily awoken. 

Highlight of the Week(s):  The holidays, obviamente!  We got to spend loads of quality time in Waco {Christmas} and in Austin {New Year's}... although E could have done without the Bears loss in Tempe. 

Gratuitous Big Sis Photos:  

I'm sure it goes without saying, but, damn, I love this kid. She's such a trip.  Even though 22 months doesn't make the most sense for a random update, I should probably write down all her little eccentricities and sayings before they all disappear.  Adding that to the official to dos...

"baby in here?"

2 comments:

happy little comments!