Wednesday, February 12, 2014

32 & 33 weeks

Back from the Caymans... Bigger {but tanner, too!} than ever...


Marination Time: 33 weeks today, the day before my 31st birthday.  My birthday actually comes as quite a shock... I keep thinking I still have a solid 2 months of pregnancy left, but that must not be so if tomorrow is the 13th {SHIT}. 

Feeling: ...Really tired. Waking up between 1-4am and not falling back asleep for a couple of hours {or ever} has officially become A Nightly Thing, and this does not please me. 

...Anxious.  Our living room is still all torn up like Humpty-Dumpty, and I've just resigned myself to the fact that it won't be put back together again until after B is born.  There isn't anything I can do about it, but it just raises my blood pressure a little bit knowing that everything won't be in its exact "proper place" for his debut. 

Cravings / Aversions: Fresh fruit. Mexican. REALLY COLD WHITE WINE.

#2 Compared to #1: Still no swelling {although the 85+ temps in the Caymans did make my fingers rather sausage-like after exertion} -- all my shoes still fit just fine and my joints feel nice and loose.  Nothing has been accomplished in the nursery this time around, although the new crib was delivered last week. 

Movement: So much uncomfortable alien rolling {although I think he is still head-down... just twisting a lot}. 

Sleep: Kill, kill, kill. 

Highlight of the Week: E's birthday and our Caymans trip are the clear winners for weeks 32 and 33. 

Gratuitous Big Sis Photos:

Helping Daddy with his cake and gifts {girlfriend has this birthday stuff down... if you ask her about her own upcoming birthday, she will promptly tell you she's going to eat cake... and when E told her it was my birthday soon, she said "Daddy go get cake?" like "dude, you better jump on this and make sure there's something delicious in this house come Thursday."}...


Snow Encounter with J and T-Pop...

8 comments:

  1. So jealous of your Cayman trip! I am glad you had a good time! So, your plan is to keep L in her crib and the new baby will have a crib, too? I am pregnant with my second and my little girl will be 21 months when the new one gets here so I guess I am doing the same thing. Then I hear other people transitioning their kids at age 2 or before and I start to second-guess and think maybe I don't need a second crib after all. What are/were your thoughts in making this decision?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to be a 2 Crib Family. I agonized over this and finally just decided that I wasn't going to disrupt the good sleep we currently have going. It took us a solid year for L to sleep through the night and take good naps in her crib, and she's perfectly happy in there at 2. She could definitely crawl out but has no desire to do so. She also WILL NOT stay still enough to fall asleep in a real bed. We've tried to take naps with her or bring her to our bed when she's sick, and she thinks Big Bed = Playtime. I just don't think the transition would be smooth at all at this point for us. I won't be at all surprised if she's happy in her crib for another full year (or I've jinxed myself and she'll start climbing out the minute her brother comes home...time will tell!).

      Delete
  2. Yay for tans.

    Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthdays all around. Enjoy the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great!! and happy birthday!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super jealous of your trip, and LOL at the sleep topic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH- I am dying with jealousy over your tan! DH is the same with cake and birthdays. Our girls know what is important in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWE I'm so jealous you had a little vaycay! you look adorable btw, I'm going on 25 weeks so I'm right behind you!

    http://scaifebabywatch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!