Monday, June 16, 2014

tidbits of little consequence: take two

We had a fantastic, low-key Father's Day celebrating this guy:


The kiddos and I woke up fully intending on loading up to procure a cheesy Mylar balloon of L's choosing and a Happy Day Diet Coke & Bagel to help the honoree properly greet the day {as is our custom}, but the Man of the Hour appeared bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 8 a.m. on the dot, foiling our PJ-clad plans.  So we hustled into real clothes and hit up one of our very favorites, Dream Cafe, for Austin tacos, whole wheat pancakes, and BACON al fresco.  


Up next was a power walk on the Katy Trail ending at one of our favorite playgrounds.  After good long naps for everyone, we were off again for an afternoon dip and food truck tacos!  We made it home just in time for L's bedtime and Game 5 tip-off.  Timmy D and the Spurs put the cherry on top of our Sunday {har har} with their big championship win -- that plus mega-watt baby smiles capped off a truly great day!

We love you, E -- you and your "fluffy hair" {a direct quote from L's painting + "Reasons I Love Daddy" Interview gift}



So!  Season 2 of OITNB makes me want to bust the happiest of moves.  E and I started it two Sundays ago, and I finished the finale Friday, because I have no patience and the advantage of nap time.  As a couple, we're halfway through, and I'm enjoying it just as much, if not more, the second time around.  I know it's ancillary, but pretty much everything Polly says about new motherhood completely rings true and tickles me to no end... Not-Really-a-Spoiler-At-All Alert: Her initial interaction with Jason Biggs' character with her breastfeeding nips hanging out was so spot on and so utterly {or udderly, as the case may be} {BAM} {killing it with the puns today, Self!} timely to garner my chuckles.  I think everyone I've ever met has seen my boobs at this point.  My frontrunning contractor for our living room repair {OH YES IT'S STILL IN SHAMBLES 9 MONTHS LATER THANKS FOR ASKING} is the guy who did the best job pretending as if I didn't have my shirt hiked up to my neck while we discussed floor boards.  He also got major Bonus Points for grabbing a burp cloth after B puked all over me instead of awkwardly watching me claw at one with my monkey toes like one of our other potential candidates.  Can you dry-wall worth a shit?  Who cares!  I'm just grateful you treated me like a fully-clothed member of society! 


Speaking of my boobs {YAY FOR TRANSITION}, I've officially found the most flattering, breastfeeding friendly sundress out there.  The material drapes beautifully and is thick and supportive -- enough so that I shall be rocking it commando up top. Glory be, as strapless brassieres and I are in a fight at the moment.  And while I'm spending your money, might I also recommend this little number?  Not for nursing purposes {ENOUGH WITH THE BOOB TALK ALREADY, AMIRITE}, but simply for General Awesomeness.  I know it's called the "Casual Weekend Dress," but with a cardigan or blazer, it'd be wholly office-appropriate for most workplaces. 

Hmmmmmmm, let's see, I know there was more nonsense noodling around in my noggin, but it's nearly midnight, and I have a fuzzy baby head I need to sniff before bed.  

Concerned Citizen's sister, Skeptical Mammal of Unknown Origin, says "until next time..."

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect Father's Day! I want breakfast tacos now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Skeptical Mammal Of Uncertain Origin." Hahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peeing my pants at the recap of the contractor interviews. How many of these guys did you show your tatas to? They're going to start bidding each other down to get the job where the lady flashes her boobs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 contractors so far! I swear Brady knows when it's least convenient to nurse and decides he must eat RIGHT THAT SECOND even if it's been 5 minutes since he last ate. THANKS BUDDY.

      Delete
  4. Cute dress! What nursing-friendly outfits do you wear on an everyday basis? Do you recommend nursing tanks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear a nursing tank every single day unless I'm wearing a dress like the one above (ie: something that is fitted up top so as not to require a bra and easy to pull down). I hate nursing bras! My favorite tanks are from Pea in the Pod -- they are just the traditional double down tanks with the bra straps. I wear those layered under my regular shirts so I can pull the shirt up and the tank down to get the most coverage as possible! My summer uniform is shorts + nursing tank + loose fitting tunic top or tee. Scarfs are also great impromptu nursing covers and make me feel a little more stylish and accessorized!

      Delete
  5. LOVE the dress! And I second the question about nursing-friendly outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OITNB was so good. I'm already sad that we're done. And yes, you are SO right about Polly! I loved the scene with her nipple hanging out. J probably laughed harder than me because he remembers looking at the site quite well for 2-3months. Ohhhhhh newborns :)

    Love the dress, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the contractor stories and the dress!! And of course the kiddo photos--the best!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!