Monday, July 7, 2014

Brady: 3 months


Butter Biscuit --

You've spent the past month becoming a teeny tiny actual person with such a sweet personality!  Even though we still call you The Concerned Citizen, you smile and coo and chuckle all the time; when you wake up, it's almost always with the biggest grin on your face, as if to say "HEY! I know you! I'm SO THRILLED you're here!" 


You really are such a content little guy -- you are still perfectly content to be carted around to all your sister's activities and our family adventures. I'd say you are happy and calm 85% of the time. The other 15% can feel a bit like a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde Moment -- you can pull a total 180 on us, and it can take a good while to calm you down {hopping in the shower with me is usually a highly successful last resort}. Most often, the source of your frantic exasperation is being tired + hungry + witching hour. You also really hate being hot {tough break being born in Texas, bud}. We really can't complain much, though! 


Speaking of no complaints, you are my champion sleeper! We put you to bed around 9:30 or 10pm and you sleep straight trough the night until 6:30 or 7am. MAGIC.  Daytime naps are a bit trickier {and I realized at the beginning of this month you weren't getting near enough snoozing in during the day -- oops}, but if we can get you to sleep, you'll sleep long and well. You tend to be happiest when you have two long naps {3ish hours each} and then a little catnap in the evening. This isn't always feasible if we're in and out of the car with errands and such. You do love snoozing on me in the carrier as well as in the swing. You still sleep swaddled in the RNP at night. 


You are still an excellent and efficient eater. You've also found your hands this month and become a paci fan {after much prodding from me}. The Wubbanub is your jam, especially your Bevo Wub; we often find you cuddling him or sucking on his horn after you've had your fill of the actual paci. 


You are SO long! Your sister really chunked out at this age, and while you've got a few rolls working, I think the chub just keeps getting stretched! Almost all of your 6 month sleepers and rompers are too tight at the snaps. 


Your eyes brightened up this month. You also lost the vast majority of your dark hair. You still have the George Costanza / Friar Tuck stripe in the back, but everything growing up top is blond or maybe light brown...might you end up a tow-headed toddler like your mama was?


You have the funniest tickle spot on the side of your belly. If we catch it just right, you giggle excitedly and pull your legs up to your chest and kind of twist sideways. I can only compare the reaction to that of a puppy who's getting its tummy scratched just right. 


This month, you traveled again to Waco and spent 17 days in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. You were an excellent plane traveler, happily snoozing, eating, and observing throughout both flights. You loved hiking in the cool morning air {snoozed through nearly ever minute of our treks in the Beco} and kicking in the grass at the concerts, festivals, and parks we visited. 


You are simply the best, little nugget. I can't wait to see what next month brings! 

xo, Mama

3 Month Stats
- Diaper Size: 3
- Clothing: 6 to 12 months, depending on brand 

3 Month Likes
- snoozing in the Beco
- swing, with the birdies on
- piano playmat
- RNP for night sleep 
- looking at faces; "talking"
- belly tickles 
- Wubbanub, especially Bevo
- sitting and standing upright 
- white noise machine
- showers with Mama

Nicknames: Biscuit, Butter Biscuit, Brady Back Ribs, B Boy, Buddy, Concerned Citizen 

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet, little guy! And an excellent sleeper! Owen is still not sleeping 11-12 hrs, but he he's down for the night between 7-7:30 and sometimes sleeps until 5am. We're getting close! He is just so handsome!! And I'm still jealous of your vacation in JH! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the cutest pictures ever! Very excited about the upcoming extended time in Austin!!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!