Friday, September 26, 2014

TL;DR

Will I ever manage to pull together a post deeper than a glorified list of unfinished thoughts or a recipe?

As my very wise mama would say... time will tell! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My phone got all ornery on me this week.  At first, I figured it was Zombie Steve Jobs sending out the Apple Bat Signal from the Land of the Undead to scramble all "outdated" technology in an attempt to force me into purchasing the latest and greatest {or at least updating to the new iOS}.  Then I realized I was using 27.9 of my 28 gigabytes.  I don't know why this was such a surprise...seeing as I'd been carrying around 3,179 photos in my pocketbook.  Much like running down a tank of gas, I really like to push the limit with these things, apparently.  And I really hate deleting photos.  I don't trust "The Cloud" {quotation marks added, because I'm seriously not convinced it's An Actual Thing}, so I spent 2 hours last night manually transferring all my photos to my computer.  Then I deleted about 75% of them off my phone.  I don't know why this makes me so nervous.

TL;DR: I miss my Nokia brick phone from 1998.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friends invited us over for child-friendly apps and 'zerts last Friday {someone buy this for me, pretty please}, which is seriously a genius idea {although we did make the executive decision to leave B at home since he's not the best company between the hours of 5 and 7pm}.  The toddlers played and noshed on mac-n-cheese, while the adults enjoyed cocktails with minimal refereeing.  100% child-free evenings definitely hold a special place in my heart, but this itinerary garnered major thumb-uppage, too!   

{There is a point to this story, other than to suggest you schedule your own Booze & Brie & Babies Evening - which you should... I'm getting there.}

As I was dressing for the evening, I realized I have very, very little in way of well-fitting "snappy-casual" {there's a Sorority Lingo Throwback for you} attire.  My closet is full of beautiful clothes that are 1-2 sizes too small.  Most aren't appropriate for the park, even if they happened to zip.  Silk shells and wool pencil skirts everywhere and not a drop to drink...  To add {chuckle-worthy} insult to {first-world-problem-esque} injury, once I unearthed an appropriate ensemble, L put her hand on my leg, looked up at me with wonder in her eyes, and said "Oooo, Mommy! FANCY! What those pants called?"

Jeans, child.  They're called jeans. Just... jeans.  But I am glad to know you're as impressed as I am with my ability to wear pants with a non-elastic waistband.

TL;DR: My closet is sad, but thanks to a recently-discovered LOFT gift card and a 40% off coupon to Gap, I am now the proud owner of these:




Yes, most of these are glorified sweatshirts.  But they're FANCY sweatshirts.  So apparently I have just the pants to pair with them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I said I wasn't going to discuss potty-training again on the blog, but I lied. I've discovered there are very few other topics out there that turn rational adults into chronic internet oversharers like potty-training.  It's a sickness. Although, technically, this is a potty-training product plug, not a personal story about my particular child.  So maybe I just have fartyness-of-the-mouth instead of diarrhea-of-the-mouth when it comes to this topic.  {I really tried to drum up a less gross metaphor, but, given the subject matter, I figured...what the hell.}

TL;DR: Newly potty-trained toddler?  Of the female persuasion?  Like to go on long walks, hikes, or playground jaunts?  Sick of getting peed on?  Buy this sucker.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Given that I just posted a ton-o-links, it'd be apropos to mention I added a little blurb about Affiliate / Sponsored Material up yonder under the heading "Official MumboJumbo."

TL;DR: Amazon links are affiliate, yo.  Everything else is not.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Weekend, All!  I'm just beginning a Thursday Night TV Marathon on the DVR and have already enjoyed horribly cheesy "dramatic helicopter" special effects courtesy of, what I can only imagine to be, very drunk tech geeks behind the motherboards of Grey's Anatomy.  I have wine and oven pizza, a fabulous weather forecast, and toddler pinatas and cupcakes will follow within the next 48 hours. This is shaping up to be a very fine weekend, indeed. 

3 comments:

  1. I wore a dress this week and my 2 1/2 yo said, "where you pants?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is TL;DR? Driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!