Monday, October 27, 2014

NICELY!


L-Train is becoming quite the little sass.  We probably remind her to use good manners fifty-four times a day... Except now, when she makes a demand and we respond "can you ask us nicely," she happily shouts "NICELY!" 


I feel like I get lawyered by my preschooler on the regular -- both infuriating and hysterical, I tell ya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our renovations are coming along nicely {NICELY!}.  Wallpaper removal, electrical work, regrouting, shower tile replacement, and inside paint jobs are all complete.  Exterior painting and staining rage on as I type.  And we're still waiting on new flooring and baseboards in the living room.  I hate all the dust and drop cloths and the fact that I can't walk around the house in just my britches during the day, but these are great first world problems to have.  And whenever I get too frustrated with the constant Swiffering {I do not recommend dry-walling with a newly mobile baby...if he comes down with a case of Black Lung, we'll all know it's because Mama selfishly couldn't deal with the massive 1990s era box-o-fluorescent-rods in her kitchen for one more second -- sorry, kid}, I just take a cleansing breath and flip on my new entry light fixture.


Ahhhhh, so much better. 

{For those who asked on IG, the fixture is the Crystorama Solaris 6 Light Chandelier in English Bronze. We found it for less than half the price of the Restoration Hardware version at a local shop.}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Fall days keep trucking along nicely {NICELY!}, although I do wish the highs weren't back to pushing 90.   We are spending loads of time outdoors at the park and on power walking tours of neighborhood blow-up lawn ornaments.  It'd be nice to do so in my new huge-ass Zara knock-off scarf from Old Navy {that I'm awkwardly modeling atop a tank top and shorts in our still-very-much air-conditioned house} {couldn't find the link online but I purchased it in-store last Thursday}.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Each night when I cook supper, I like to hang with Brian, but he only lasts 20ish minutes on the DVR.  The Serial podcasts are currently keeping me nicely {NICELY!} enthralled post-news.  Are you addicted, too?  I can't get enough! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gratuitous photography of the meatloaves playing - you guessed it - nicely {NICELY!} together... Talk about simple pleasures -- I was partially worried this day would never come after all the initial animosity L expressed toward B.


There are still moments where I fear she might strangle him with a Doc McStuffins stethoscope, but they are fewer and further between.  

Happy Monday!  Hope it treats you nicely {NICELY!}. 

8 comments:

  1. Sure would love it if you wrote a book one day. No pressure;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serial. Dude. It's so great and compelling. Did Adnan do it? Just how sketchy is Jay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's crazy that it's all still unraveling, too! I really hope there's a solid conclusion at the end!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look into what's going on with you and the references to "nicely" cracked me up. Ha! Good luck with the renovation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to nicely say that you have become one of my favorite bloggers and I read all your archives and um..now I'm weird fan girl in MN! Yay!

    PS - This Serial business. I need it to be all settled and having a solid ending and then I will commit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that comment made my day, considering my Fangirl status of The Mothership ;)

      You are smarter than I, re: Serial. Because I am going to be really miffed if it ends all "well, this has been a fun game of Clue, but, whaddayaknow, we're still not entirely sure what happened! Thanks for listening!"

      Delete
  6. Love these photos of the two of them--as well as the first comment about book writing!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!