Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Holiday Gift Guide: Older Babies

Back for Round Two?  Bless you. 

There have been many moments in B's short life that could easily be culled under the hashtag #PoorSecondChild.  Swaddled in pink as an infant, continuously carted around to Big Sister's activities, and beat up on the regular... he's a good sport, for sure.  But you should see this kid's face light up on the rare occasion he gets to touch L's toys {and let me tell you every toy we own is "L's toy" based on the Gospel According to Toddler} when she's napping or at school.  So, while the vast majority of L's baby toys are still in really great condition, I'm excited to give our chubby buddy some goodies all his own this Christmas. 



B's "big," unwrapped Santa gift will be the Fisher-Price Poppity Pop Musical Dino.  One silver lining to being the #PoorSecondChild is mama gets over herself and allows really obnoxious plastic toys into the house.  If he doesn't win a Nobel Peace Prize, we'll blame the toxins, but I just couldn't pass this up again. Ditto on the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Piggy Bank

I think Santa will also be leaving out the B Toys Wheeee-ls Soft Cars.  We have several B Toys items {the ever-popular drum, cat piano, and keys}, and they just make really quality toys.  Each of these cushy cars make a different {non-battery-operated} sound, and they are easy for little hands to grasp and propel. 

The Original Toy Company Pop Up Fire Truck harks back to my ONLY WOODEN TOYS FOR MY SPEHSHUL SNOWFLAYKE parenting beginnings and is the perfect little stocking stuffer!  The little firefighters are spring-loaded to pop up and down -- what baby doesn't love that?!  {Also, fine-motor-development and color recognition, blah blah blah blah.} 


After seeing the video for this Tobbles Neo Stacking Toy, I've decided I'll probably steal this toy for my own personal enjoyment.  I mean, seriously, how fun do these suckers look? B thinks knocking towers down is hysterical, so I suppose he'll like it, too. 

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Bug Jug Fill & Spill Soft Baby Toy -- This is another one of those "put shit in, take shit out" motor-skills-developers... Sure, fine, whatever, yay cute bugs! 

Our Bath Toy Situation is currently pretty abysmal.  I think this B Toys Fish & Splash Boat will quickly raise tub morale! 

We've got puzzles out the wazoo, but I couldn't say no to this Personalized Name Puzzle as a special momento of B's 1st Christmas. 

Garnet Hill Boiled Wool Slippers -- I've requested the fox cub variation, and it'd be a safe bet to say we'll be rocking these slippers both at home and out-and-about, Big Lebowski Style. 


Books
Hopefully B will appreciate a handful of new books that haven't been pre-gnawed!  RoadworkHarold and the Purple CrayonSoft Shapes: DinosaursLittle Blue Truck Leads the Way, and Giraffes Can't Dance will make their way into his hot little hands for reading and teething enjoyment alike! 


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, great ideas for my one-year-old. The Tobbles stacker is a definite. And as much as I, too, loathe the primary colored plastic toys over taking the house, I think we are going to "splurge" on a ball popper, the kind with air. So ugly but I know he'll love it. Oh, and we have the fire truck and it is a HIT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cracks me up, right there with you with dropping the high and mighty "but it was made in CHINA!" non-sense. Considering FP Little People are the babe's favorite teether, I gave up spending extra for the green stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The giraffe from our Little People Noah's Ark is definitely a favorite teether!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for these! I have Ava covered, but have been struggling with ideas for Rylan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Little Blue Truck books! Did you know there's also a Christmas one that has Christmas lights at the end? (W will stare at it and say OOOOHHH for several minutes each time.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's too cute -- both kiddos are super into the lights!

      Delete

happy little comments!