Monday, January 19, 2015

Survey says

A little survey action to get my typing fingers back in the grove, courtesy of D...

(1) What is your current health-related goal?
Be less chubby. This will eventually happen, but I really, really like food and wine while I cook said food and also nursing makes me feel like a starving beast, so we might be looking at a certain state of chubbyish for a while. I'm mostly okay with that.

(2) What is your biggest irrational fear?
Number one, since the age of twelve, is undoubtedly the plot of the film Outbreak coming to pass in real life.  So, yaknow, THANKS DALLAS for all the Ebola in 2014.  Being trapped in space or a deep sea trench is numero dos -- both are equally horrifying and thinking about them for too long makes me break out in the sweats. Don't even talk to me about colossal squids.  The possibility of being entrusted with really important state secrets only to be threatened with the ripping off of my toe nails if I don't disclose them {because I would totally disclose them} clocks in at #3.  Honorable Mention goes to the sink disposal randomly turning on by itself while I fish out an avocado pit. 

(3) Do you enjoy wrapping presents?
I used to. In fact! My very first official W-2 job involved wrapping gifts for rich ladies.  Turns out, I my skills are all over it like gangbusters when it comes to fancy bows.  Nowadays, I prioritize a wine cube over wire ribbon, and there is a space-time continuum in our house that snacks on Scotch tape so most of my packages end up held together by uneven splices of random adhesive.  I haven't entirely resorted to gift sacks {save for kids' birthday parties... mini meatloaves love a gift sack}, though, so I suppose there's that. 

(4) What is your favorite cross-training activity?
Does barre count?  I love barre.  I wish zee bebe would become a wee bit more predictable in the sleeping department so I could commit to a regular early morning regimen.  I actually really enjoy hitting up 6 am classes, but not if I've been lactating since 4 am. 

(5) If I came to visit you, what would we do?
In pretty weather, we'd hoof it around White Rock Lake, explore the Arboretum, and/or meander through Klyde Warren Park. Maybe a little shopping in Bishop Arts. We'd brunch at Dream Cafe or Toulouse, lunch at The Porch, and sup at Fearings, Hatties, or Tillman's Roadhouse.  And we'd pretend to still be cool with late night cocktails at the Ritz's Rattlesnake. 

(6) 2 weeks off and plane tickets anywhere... Where to?
Australia? New Zealand?  African safari?  All of those would fit the bill.  I'd also love to play tour guide to E in Southern Spain, and we are continually daydreaming about Greece: The Redux. 

(7) What's the most embarrassing thing to happen to you during a run or a race?
This question assumes I race and/or run regularly.  Is it a cop out to say pretty much every time I attempt running is pretty embarrassing?  In the past, my form has been described as "incapable of outrunning a one-legged rapist"... insensitive, politically incorrect, but also accurate.  

(8) 3 best days of your life?
This question is ridiculously easy when you're happily married with two delightful children: March 28, 2009; February 21, 2012; and April 1, 2014.

(9) You MUST eat a fast food meal... Which restaurant do you choose and what is your order?
Am I hungover? If yes, Whataburger. Double cheeseburger with fries and a strawberry milkshake.  Tastes just like being 23. Am I drunk? And still living in North Carolina?  Cookout.  Peanut butter cup milkshake.  Maybe a hot dog, if I skipped dinner.  Tastes just like being 19.  Is it the middle of a normal day?  Chipotle.  Burrito bowl with minimal rice, extra black beans, chicken, fajita veggies, corn salsa, cheese, lettuce, and guacamole.  Tastes just like Tuesday. 

(10) Have you ever met a celebrity?
I suppose I've shared air space with a decent amount of celebrities... I was an extra in Courage Under Fire in middle school and was in a scene with Meg Ryan.  I've ordered ice cream right behind Sandra Bullock. Russell Crowe knocked me flat on my butt and subsequently helped me up at a Bob Schneider / SCABS concert.  My mom and I flew to New York seated nearish to Bob Costas {on the same flight, we were actually seated immediately next to the man who, at the time, held the world record for crawdad eating... so, MAJOR celebrity hobnobbing there}.  Josh Howard came to my aid after witnessing a ridiculously embarrassing ice-slippage/gummy-worm-eating incident my sophmore year at Wake, and I had a class with Chris Paul my senior year.  The last time we were in New York, Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka were seated at the bar while we waited for our table at Babbo, and Mariska Hargitay was a row below us for Book of Mormon. 

(11) Share a photo of yourself not wearing workout clothes:

Sweet little George Costanza Hairline

(12) If you could choose a "do-over" career, what would it be?
Journalism or pursuing a Masters in Counseling.  I continue toying with the idea of getting a MAC for real... The "counselor" aspect of lawyering has always come very easily to me.

(13) If you won an Olympic Gold Medal, how do you think you'd react?
With absolute, complete shock {see: "incapable of outrunning a one-legged rapist" descriptive above}. 

(14) What did you want for Christmas?
A French press.  And a Kindle Paperwhite.  I am enjoying both thoroughly.

(15) What skill do you lack?
I'm miserable at making pancakes.  I am utterly hopeless at interior design.  And I am incapable of putting an end to my Sisterwives binges.

12 comments:

  1. Great survey questions and answers! I really liked your fast food response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up craving a cheeseburger. This post did not help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The breastfeeding hungries are fierce. I'd like to lose weight but I can't stop thinking about food for three damn minutes. I'm sure it will be worse when I'm done nursing. Then I'll be out of excuses other than I really like cookies...

    This survey was clearly written by a fitness minded person. A race? What race. And good luck finding any picture of me in workout clothes. Unless yoga pants worn as PJs count. In which case, I've got that covered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Responded in the wrong place...

      Delete
  4. Yes, I am not entirely sure about the origins of this survey, but I'm almost positive I am not its target responder! I've literally never run in a race past middle school PE, except for the Turkey Trot one Thanksgiving and even that was just an excuse to eat more pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any books that you recommend while I finish baking this kid? I love my paperwhite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently reading Descent and I LOVE it! It's a mystery, and the writing is beautiful! I also just finished The Wicked Girls and enjoyed it, too!

      Delete
  6. Mariska Hargitay is my girl crush and has been for about 15 years. I think I would die if I sat behind her at a play. To talk to her or not...that would consume me for the entire play! Your fast food answer is amazing. My answer would be Whataburger drunk or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, we did not notice who she was until after the show when we were walking out and just was all of a sudden RIGHTTHERE. She is more gorgeous in person than on TV which I didn't think was possible -- and SO tall!

      Delete
  7. Love this survey and your answers, as I laugh out in my too quiet because it's Tuesday but feels like it's Monday office, I'll get the side eye all day long. Oh well it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Am I drunk? Am I still living in North Carolina?" - man I wish the answer to both of those questions was still yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many celebrities, holy man!! Loved this.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!