Thursday, May 28, 2015

large potatoes


It's impossible to complain about severe kidlet heat rash or snotty beach colds when thousands back home are devastated by floodwaters. I am sick for my friends whose family homes were damaged or destroyed and aghast to see so many beloved landmarks and businesses underwater. Most of all, I'm deeply saddened over the loss of a high school friend. Of the countless posts detailing the destruction of last weekend's storms that lay heavy on my heart, the ones celebrating and remembering Doug Williams by those who knew him best make me pause the longest. What an exceptionally kind and loved guy he was. 

With more rain in the forecast, my thoughts are for the well-being of all those who can't be replaced. Stay safe and dry, friends. 

5 comments:

  1. Well said. The trivial things that I usually allow to ruin my day have just been pushed too far back in my mind (where they belong) this week - too much heartache over everything else that's been going on, especially Doug's passing. Hope you guys have still been able to enjoy your time away despite the sadness about everything back at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, and everyone affected by the flooding. Thanks for bringing this to people's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Been sending my thoughts and prayers southbound all week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When nature strikes we can't do anything about only just pray........
    Great data for Garage Doors Fair Oaks

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!