Thursday, December 8, 2016

Time marches on, yes?


I want y'all to know I appreciate each and every comment on my last post. What an epically shitty day {and one that will stretch onward for 4+ years?}.  I hope you've all found a bit of comfort in the balm of your choice... My post-election self care {#whiteladyprivilege} was 50% positive action {setting up automatic monthly donations to Planned Parenthood and the ACLU; renewing our NYT subscription; joining Flippable; joining Organizing for Action; calling elected officials ad nauseam} {sometimes I picture John Cornyn as Steve Buscemi with a list of hyper-annoying constituents... I think he'd look fabulous in that particular shade of red!} and 50% watching Rent on repeat whilst main-lining cured meats.


B also fell from our 2nd story window onto our wood decking the Sunday before Thanksgiving {he was completely unscathed - not even a stitch or a black eye or a busted lip} {although the whole 911 / ambulance / trauma hospital stay was a horrific out-of-body type experience for us all}, so November was A BIT OF A MONTH.


We did enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving, an even lovelier Friendsgiving, and a quick trip to *New York. The hustle and bustle of the holidays and witnessing all the sparkle and excitement through our kidlets' eyes gives me Little Orphan Annie hope... The sun will come out tomorrow!  Or maybe it's just the glow from the dumpster fire that is America!  Either way... I do hope your December is shining a little brighter.


*{Because a few people have inquired... My favorite hotel in NYC (and possibly in all of the universe) is Crosby Street; it was booked this trip so we stayed at the Soho Grand which is also fabulous with the added bonus of being less pricey.  The ABC panoply of restaurants will never disappoint; the line at Black Seed Bagels -- same goes for Prince Street Pizza.  New additions to our favorites this trip were Lupa and Blue Ribbon Sushi.  Hamilton tickets were procured via broker (#1) and last-minute Ticketmaster stalking (#2).}


PS: I'm feeling a little meh about kid gift guides this year, although I've had a few questions about them.  Are y'all up for toy gift guides? Or are you all gift-guided-out?  My feelers won't be hurt by your brutal honesty!

9 comments:

  1. I could use a gift guide for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gift guides! But if you're not up to it this year, perhaps you could link to others you rely on/enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You kids gift guides are actually pretty awesome because they are not full of sponsored or impractical crap. Post if you have the time, but if not, I'll just look back at last years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes please to the gift guide for tiny female humans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I normally love your gift guides but I'm DONE with my shopping (being THIS pregnant lit a fire under me to get everything bought early). Although I do have a 4 year old birthday around the corner. Man, our holidays are going to be nuts - #3's birthday in early December (COME OUT BABY), Christmas, and then #2's birthday in early January. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gift guides are appreciated. So many people put up sponsored crap I doubt their kids actually receive or they research. I feel like you put a decent amount of thought into them and it saves me a few hours of review agonizing and rabithole diving on Amazon wondering what "people that viewed this item purchased".

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad y'all had a fun time in NYC. I've used your travelogues to plan more than one trip so I'll put this in the Note To File!

    I am neutral on gift guides. What I think might be helpful/interesting is to know what toys really stood the test of time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gift guide! I look for yours every year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your gift guides. Actually, I love your recommendations for basically everything. Also, your book reviews. Really looking forward to this year's now that I've basically read half of your 2011-2015 recommendations.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!