Thursday, November 20, 2008

beauty issues

first, a rant: to all you enhanced-blondies out there... do ya'll do this too: i highlight (ahem, enhance) my hair and it looks great for a decently long time - i don't even notice any roots for like 7 weeks. then all of a sudden - BAM, i look in the mirror one morning and i see an entire inch of dastardly dark hair. wtf? when did that happen? have i been blind for the past couple of weeks? of course by that time, i have to wait another 3 weeks to get in for a hair appointment... 3 weeks of constantly feeling like i have greasy roots... 3 weeks of my hair looking like an expensive crack-whore's. ugg.

now, a query: does anyone have a great recommendation for moisturizer? i've been using ganier nutritioniste ultra-lift anti-wrinkle firming moisture cream (say that 5x fast) but its been making me break out near my eyebrows... which looks really weird. my skin is naturally pretty clear, so i'm particularly bothered by this return to teenage-like-zits.

i would like (a) non-greasy/oil-free, (b) anti-aging, and (c) SPF. i'm open to all brands and willing to spend some dough but not willing to make a major cash investment without glowing reviews.

please advise.

6 comments:

  1. Agreed. Kiehls has really great mosturizers! They have a variety -I am a fan of the ultra facial mosturizer as well as the abyssine lotion. Both have spf 15 and the second one is more anti-aging. You can't go wrong with either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling you, Oil of Olay is one of the best I've tried - check out my recent post on Dr. Oz and the products he recommended last week too. Oil of Olay has all of those things and isn't going to break the bank either! SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biore nourish is oil free and has an SPF of 15. It's not really a heavy moisturizer, but I like it. I have oily skin though, so I use very light stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. total splurge: Estee Lauder Idealist....totally worth it, makes your skin look like and feel like porcelain!

    then, wear on top of that....

    Beauty Bargain: Neutrogena Healthy Skin with SPF 15

    wear them together or separately - no makeup needed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, yes and I also use (total splurge) estee lauder "spotlight" when I wear makeup (tinted mosturizer) and mix it in with the makeup.....it gives you an extra special glow!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!