Wednesday, November 19, 2008

inspiration!

so I’ve been a little low on the wedding inspiration lately… not glum or anything, just concentrating on other things for a bit. of course that’s the time when random people start saying “oooo you must be sooo busy and stressed out with the wedding!” ummmmm, oops, no.

so then I start to panic and stress out. monica geller style.


luckily, this weekend’s trip home calmed my nerves and got me pumped up for all the fun little details that are left to be determined. i also created a killer checklist on monday, which always helps me return to a somewhat-zen-like-state. as zen-like as I get, anyway. my big project for this week is ordering our invitations… who knew a girl could get so jazzed up over paper products??? i love our invitations…. i want to wallpaper my bathroom with them. I want to throw them on the floor and roll around in all the glorious letterpress, a la indecent proposal. but without the naked part - wouldn't want to sully the pretty paper. yeah, okay, you get the picture.

anyhoo, whilst attempting to find the perfect color samples to send the stationary peeps, i stumbled upon the most perfect photograph of dyed yarn on a painted table. said photo sparked my amended “inspiration board”...yes, that’s actually a real thing in wedding-land. stop rolling your eyes, please.

old inspiration board:


new-and-improved inspiration board:
i think (i hope!) its a bit brighter, a bit more fun... but still eclectic and a tiny-bit vintage with a heavy dash-o-romance. or at least that's what i'm shooting for.

10 comments:

  1. Our wedding colors are almost identical so obviously I LOVE your inspiration board! Mine were fuchsia, mango, orange, and citron. I LOVE bright colors. You can see my wedding stuff over at Elizabeth Anne Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Orange and pink together is so vibrant and memorable. It's going to be great.

    http://eatdrinkmarry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo!! So bright and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty! Love all the colors. I liked both of the inspiration boards, but you're right, the second one is brighter. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - the new one is much more vibrant! Love it! I also love the JCrew clutch -- gotta work the Crew in somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colors! So happy and sweet. It will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Marigold" and "Raspberry" is gorgeous!! I see no pink! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the new board. I'm all about pink--in any shade. It all looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the colors! its so fresh and bright!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!