Friday, November 21, 2008

shoe conundrum

back when i ordered my gown (le sigh. love.), i was told i must have the shoes i would be wearing on the day to take my measurements in. something about the delicate nature of the hem? which was a total crock, btw, b/c my hemline came in at least 3 inches too long, so someone is going to have to do some "delicate alterations."

anyhoo, as a self-proclaimed shoe-whore (and a slightly ocd bride/person-in-general), i had a Wedding Shoe Vision. yep, a vision o' shoes. i wanted fabulousness and bright color and a heel that didn't hoist me up past the 6-feet range. this, apparently, was dreamin' the impossible dream back in March. sure, there were these (droooool) but if i'm going to drop that kind of dough on shoes, they are going to be something i can wear weekly.

so i settled on these from j. crew (duh). my plan is (was?) to dye them either berry or marigold and possibly embellish them in some way.
pretty cute, right? so what's this conundrum i speak of, you ask... well friends, the shoe drought of March has come and gone. November is raining - nah, pouring - adorable, sassy, kate's-vision-esque shoes! and, they're all on sale!


(all from j. crew)

what to do, what to do? do i stick with the original plan? do i forget the original plan and give into the shoe-urge? i suppose i could try to sell the ivory t-straps on ebay.

thoughts? questions? concerns?

11 comments:

  1. Well, clearly, it's entirely up to you, but, if you can sell the other ones on eBay and get ones that you really, really love, that would be fantastically awesome. Plus, I might need those super cute yellow ones. Just you know, for um... work..?? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm drop the originals post haste and get those adorable gold ones at the top. omggggg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get the gold ones! You will wear them again. Just remember you will probably change in to flip flops later so don't spend half a months rent. J/K. Get the ones you love. You only get married once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say to keep the ivory T-straps for your ceremony and then buy another fun pair for the reception. You can always re-wear the fun shoes since they don't scream wedding. Either that or sell the ivory and buy some fun ones. I loved my wedding shoes. They were white but had the blue sole...for my "something blue", but I would have loved to have done something more exciting.

    Sorry for so long! :) Let us know what you decide!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the gold ones but the floral print ones are cute too!

    P.S. Fearings = DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the golden ones with the knot! ADORABLE! Try to sell the others and see what happens. Its worth a try b/c those others are so cute. Although the ones you have are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. go with the JCREW shoes, the ones you love the most, and get rid off the other ones. I regret wearing traditional shoes for my wedding when I really wanted something red or green, it would have been so much fun. I have seen your engagement photos and you seem to be a really fun and loving girl so any of the JCREW would be so perfect for you. I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. no question....sell the originals and get the gold ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the T-straps are lovely, but the top gold ones.... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate to say it (being the practical mom that I am), but the gold ones really are beautiful and so very YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY MOM! Welcome to the Unpractical Train - its way more fun over here!!!

    xox, k

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!