Monday, December 22, 2008

cure for the mondays

the end of my day paralleled the beginning... visited not one, not two, not three, but FOUR different stores after work... in the 27 degree weather... in order to buy three picture frames and a roll of wrapping paper. gah! seriously?!

so how to cure a giant case of the mondays (besides the vino, obvi)? amazing finds on etsy, of course!

i've been trying to find timeless but unique bridal jewelry - not an easy task. like every southern gal, there is a warm place in my heart for pearls but the standard strand or drop studs just won't do for this occasion. i've pretty much decided on two things: (a) i will be wearing earrings and a bracelet, along with my e-ring and my sapphire ring that i always wear on my right hand, and (b) these are the earrings:

they are Miriam Haskell and i think they are simple enough not to compete with my veil (during the ceremony) and the feather-flower head-piece (for the reception) but they still have that special vintage feel.

so i need something to compliment these suckers. here are my top two contenders via etsy:

Pearl & Sparkle Bracelet by missjoanshobby

made from vintage earrings, this bracelet has the exact feel i envisioned for my wedding jewelry - i especially like how there is enough gold to compliment the gold on the earrings but not enough that it will look funny with my platinum rings.

Elegant Pearl Bridal Bracelet by cbeansinc

my second option has a bit more gold which i think would be fine, especially considering my shoes are bright marigold - but its a little more traditional.

what do ya'll think? i'd love some opinions!

this one's not for me b/c of all the silver, but how amazingly gorgeous is this Sparkling Flower Bracelet by Noaki? someone please buy this sucker so i can live vicariously!


and my last etsy find of the evening, is this customizable sign by Earmark. perfect for your next celebration... or maybe as a "Just Married" sign off your vintage corniche convertible??!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the bracelet made from vintage earrings, it's unique and beautiful. Etsy is great isn't it?

    I've tagged you on my blog.

    I hope you have a fantastic Christmas!

    Saskia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those earrings are gorgeous! And I vote for the second bracelet :) But either one would be absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bracelet # 1, hands down, all the way

    2 is pretty, but 1 is SPECIAL

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also vote bracelet #1.
    and i just might get that flower one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE bracelet #1, but you really can't go wrong :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!