Wednesday, December 24, 2008

i am both holly & jolly!

by the time this posts, Evs, the Boom, and i will be on our way to Waco to celebrate Christmas at my grandparents' home, as i have for the past 25 years. its my very favorite time of year - when i was little, the Christmas tree at their house looked like the towering, twinkling tree in the Nutcracker and their annual get-together after Christmas Eve services seemed to me like the most posh of cocktail parties.


this year i'm looking forward to relaxing in front of the tree with some of Mama J's Texas Trash, coconut cake, and Mississippi Charlotte Rouge; and taking long walks with the entire familia; and seeing a movie with my Daddy Jim after all the presents are unwrapped and the turkey eaten. this is my first "adult" Christmas and my final one with the last name i've had my entire life... so i plan on making it a damn good one.

here's hoping your day is merry and bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment

happy little comments!