Thursday, December 4, 2008

i'm it!

i've been tagged by 2 lovely ladies: littlesack from Navigating the Quarterlife and Lulu from The Dirty Martini Diaries! both of these blogettes have recently been added to my Google Reader and i always enjoy hearing about their antics!

i think i may have done this one before but there are about 6 billion weird things about me, so i'm always up for another round! here are the rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

so here goes...

{1} my early morning monday mood depends heavily on what the new floral arrangement in our lobby looks like. this monday, my mood was soured for at least 20 minutes by the appearance of a highly phallic (even more so than usual) mixture of white roses, sprigs of pine, and some sort of red tropical flower in a huge black vase. ummm, mixing seasons much? this thing looks like something Patrick Bateman would have in his living room. yuck.

{2} i have somehow amassed an impressive collection of tights. they are officially my new favorite winter-wear. this is somewhat ironic b/c i never wore tights until about 3 years ago, unless required to by Emily Post or my darling Monitor Mommy. now, at last count, i'm up to 12 pairs - all rolled into individually-marked sandwich baggies (color - control top/non-c.t. - full/footless). ahhhh the joys of OCD.

{3} if i could only listen to 2 songs for the rest of my life, they would be "tupelo honey" by van morrison and "climb to safety" by widespread panic. if i could only watch 2 movies for the rest of my life, they would be "silence of the lambs" and "elf." i'm sure those choices say something intense and telling about me, but i'm not feeling introspective enough to figure it out right now.

{4} i love libraries. one of my top priorities in picking a college (besides a school that provided a plethora of boys in sweaters) was a pretty library. UNC freaked me out b/c their library was like a massive tomb. WFU = fabulous library. BLS = fabulous library. they are also both schools built with tobacco money: keep puffing people - yes, the health affects are atrocious, but damn if those cancersticks didn't pay for 7 years of education!

{5} my creepy grandpa crushes are al pacino and robert redford. that's all i really have to say about that.

{6} i've been playing this game for the last 30 minutes and it might be the most fabulous game ever created by tech-dweebs.

6 Taggees:
(a) my dear friend ACJ, who just started her blog: I Do What I Want... Mostly, Kind Of
(b) Catching up w/ Amanda
(c) Selina from Crown Princess Life
(d) Saskia from Saskia's Spot b/c i wish i was living a fabulous British life!
(e) Vicki Smalls, 'cause she cracks me up
(f) and Bama Belle in the Big City, for her fabulous use of Charlotte York quotes

play nice, kiddies!

7 comments:

  1. So much pressure to have been tagged! Now, I must think of 6 things... give me time, as I've got a lot of free time coming my way in the next few days to come up with something that's hopefully half as clever and witty as yours!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I especially enjoy your creepy grandpa crushes... Trying to think of mine now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I thought of 6 things...not as entertaining as yours, but it's a start =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first tag!!! Thank you, I will post later today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will try to do this asap! in the mean time I just wanted to share that I share your affinity for libraries. a lot. I worked at 2 libraries at UT when I was a student, and on a trip to Mexico City, my #1 stop at UNAM was this library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, I might have a creepy grandpa tag on Robert Redford as well. I blame it on The Great Gatsby and the fact that he directed A Rive Runs Through It--filmed near my dad's ranch and will always hold a special place in my heart.

    Also, black vase? I'd be soured by those flowers as well!!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!