Tuesday, December 2, 2008

intoducing: kate's gift picks!

i love picking out the perfect gift! nothing sets my heart a-twitter like stumbling upon something that instantly makes me think of someone dear on my gift-purchasing-list (well, maybe red-bottomed shoes and buttery leather purses, but that's neither here nor there).


so every year during the holidays, i open up glamour and elle... and then i click on j.crew and nordstrom... and i spy all these "holiday gift lists." well, as much as i love good eye-candy, the "buy your man a $900 cashmere sweater" lists aren't the most helpful gift guides for this chick.

so today i was a-thinkin' "if those idiotas on stylista can put together a few happy, shiny items, surely i could manage a list of my own!"

and thus, Kate's Gift Picks was born! for the next 3 days, i will be featuring gift ideas for everyone on your holiday gift list (along with my normal daily dribble, obvi - wouldn't want you to go through wannabe-wit-withdrawal). on deck for tomorrow... the perfect presents for those foodies in your life:
  • "for the chef extraordinaire," as well as...
  • "for the wobbly wino."
so don't forget to tune in!

2 comments:

  1. mmm, red bottom shoes and buttery leather. Girl, you are speaking my language.

    Is it bad if I'm seriously considering putting $300 shoes on my wishlist? $300 hot pink heels that I would never wear but must.have.now? (scratch that, I have been stalking them for 11 months, no joke)

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!