Wednesday, December 10, 2008

let's go to the movies

(cue Annie Soundtrack)

so excited to see these four flicks:


i love going to the movies... the smell of popcorn, the previews (arguably my favorite part), and losing yourself for a couple of hours - there's nothing like it. sadly, there hasn't been too many flicks worthy of the trouble it takes us to get to the theater these days - so many more importaent things jockeying for our time. but now, with Oscar Season quickly approaching (its the 2nd most wonderful time of the year!) and of course the holidays, cinema choices are looking up!

hopefully we can fit one in this weekend, somewhere amongst the merry-making (re: free booze via office holiday parties and hungover last minute shopping).

6 comments:

  1. milk was incredible!! I could just hear "and the Oscar goes to .... Sean Penn!" (I am not usually a huge fan of his but his portrayal of Milk was AMAZING.)

    anyway, that's the only film I've seen of the ones you mentioned, and I recommend it 100000% percent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading Marley & Me over Thanksgiving...I know what I'll be going to see Christmas day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see Marley & Me soooo bad, but, I have a very overly emotional step mother who will be with us for Christmas, I'm not sure if I could handle taking her to a movie like that... She'd cry the entire time. Literally. But it looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also want to see Marley & Me- I feel obligated to tell you that I was really not impressed by Four Christmases. I like Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon a lot, and I usually think those kind of movies are funny, but this one just didn't do it for me. Just felt I needed to share in case you were choosing between other options :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Milk is really good! I want to see the other three :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you came to me for help!!! Honestly I would go with the same color on both if they will both be visible. I know most people don't care about them matching but it doesn't look right to me. Go with the bright red for both since its a holiday party. Or if you are like me and have a red issue you can do Mrs. O'Learys. Does that help at all? I feel like I can't give the best advice without seeing the whole picture. :)

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!