Friday, January 16, 2009

scrappy!

woo hoo! i've been bequeathed the Honest Scrap Award by Mmmm... Tastes Good! her blog is so cheerful and full of amazing treats and eats - you should check it out if you haven't already (it'll make your stummy rumble!).



The rules:
1. Chose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave them a comment informing them they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself

10 Honest Things...
  • {1} today i find myself wearing seasonally inappropriate clothing and body glitter. i thought this whole "arctic freeze" thing was supposed to wave bye-bye today so i'm wearing jeans, heels, and very thin button down. (i do have a coat) yeeeeeah, its 24 degrees outside. shit. to top it off, i tried some of the Marc Jacobs Daisy lotion that came with my perfume and it turns out it has glitter flecks in it... not like full-on rave body-glitter, but... shiny dots. seriously Marc? body glitter? i'm disappointed in you.

  • {2} i'm a brand whore. yes, i also often shop at Target and Old Navy and anywhere else i can find cute, flattering items, but i'd be lying if i said i didn't love a pretty label.

  • {3} i probably think my taste in movies is better than yours. yep, i said it. i'll give you music if you insist, but movies are mine.

  • {4} i've spent more on skin care and dry cleaning this month than i care to think about. that's really all i have to say about that - its more than slightly embarrassing.

  • {5} in college and law school, when i was feeling blue (and poor), i'd go to Target and load up my basket with everything that i would have bought if i had unlimited funds. then i'd leave the cart in the middle of the store and just buy myself a magazine or a coffee mug to cheer myself up. i know, i know, those of you who have worked in retail officially hate me now. but it was cheaper than therapy.

  • {6} if i go to the grocery store whilst chatting on the phone, i will undoubtedly end up with something that is totally bizarre and/or i will never eat. as i usually use my weekly Tom Thumb Trek to catch up with my mom, i've amassed many a starfruit / matzo ball mix / organic room freshener.

  • {7} i'm a stickler for the no-white-bottoms/shoes before Easter and after Labor Day Rule. and it really actually bothers me when people break it - almost enough to walk up the person and say "my grandmother would like a word with you."

  • {8} i puffy heart office supplies. i got a new tangerine colored post-it pad for my pop-up-post-it dispenser on tuesday - totally made my day.

  • {9} i could watch this video for hours... (and yesterday watched it over and over at work with HDH for about 45 minutes).

  • {10} i totally thought i made up the term "sad panda." yeah, apparently its from South Park. which totally depresses me because my Wit Factor dropped a notch. i also was convinced in 4th grade that the words to Secret Agent Man were "Secret Asain Man."

okay - i bestow the Honest Scrap Award to...

Amelia, b/c she's awesome and a new blogger...


... and anyone else who hasn't done this one!

7 comments:

  1. OMG that little tiny panda!!!

    Here's my Friday contribution - I just watched it three times straight:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ikm3o5hDks

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a brand whore too...it's slightly a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know that they still put that shinny crap in lotion anymore. I feel your pain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Ryan LOVES that Panda video! The first time I showed it to him, he was rolling on the floor with laughter and had tears running down his face! It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #6!!!!

    Also, you were a fabulous GChat friend today. I love the internet. Except when I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. brands are way more important than i let on. just look at my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sure are we that Marc okays all the perfume stuff? It just doesn't seem like him. This saddens me, too.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!