Wednesday, February 11, 2009

en vogue

just as the inauguration buzz died down and i'd run out of slideshows of Sasha and Malia to stalk, i hear news of this! Vogue, you never let me down!

photos such as the stunner below, taken by Annie Leibovitz, will grace the pages of Vogue's March 2009 edition - i cannot wait for my copy to arrive!

and before you get all huffy and call me a big stinky hippie and email me about the new First Family acting like rock-stars, i'd like to point out that Vogue has featured every First Lady (save for Bess Truman) since Lou Henry Hoover in 1929. so save it for another one of my smuggly liberal posts.**

**i kid, i kid... kinda.

10 comments:

  1. I. AM. ECSTATIC. Love her. Love you! Living in DC, I long daily for a chance run in with the Obamas, and fantasize about the chance to work in the White House. Don't be ashamed-I feel the same way sometimes-when I tell people I'm a Dem I refer to it as my dirty little secret. I am glad you are as thrilled as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. could that second shot BE more beautiful???? i think not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the second shot is beautiful. I love her. I love Annie Leibovitz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your "smuggly liberal posts" are my favorite! i went to a&m and i'm pretty sure i was the only democrat in a 50 mile radius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahahaha.

    Say what you will about Mrs. Obama - and I do have a few non-hippie feelings about her, along with some puffy-hearted ones - she is emerging as a style Icon with a capital "I". I'd much rather see her, a legitimate fashionista in the making, on my "Vogue" cover than the recent cute-but-hardly-worthy Blake Lively.

    I'm off to work on my run-on sentences problem now. Gaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My affirmation here is so obvious that a comment is completely unnecessary, but... yeah. Signal a half-sigh, half-burst coming from my direction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! Can't wait to see the full spread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm starting to develop a serious girl crush on Lady Obama! I recommend finding the youtube footage of her speaking at Howard University this week about balancing family and her new role... it was inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaaah love her!! one of my volunteers' children go to school with sasha and malia and she said she pretty much stalks the school hoping to copy what michelle is wearing when she drops the girls off. can't wait for this issue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her... and I love her style. She is very classic...

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!