Tuesday, May 5, 2009

things i think about...

... why do department stores always place the lingerie section next to children's clothing?

i mean, first off, doesn't this placement encourage a lot of unnecessary / awkward questioning for parents who are just trying grab the damn OshKosh and be done with the mall crowd? (ie: "why does the mannequin-lady have a wedgie?")

second (and more importantly to me who is childless / selfish), it kinda creeps me the hell out when some toddler is starring at me all bug-eyed across the aisle while i'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of Regular vs. Low Rise HPs! (no you little meatloaf, i am NOT getting too old for Low Rise - stop judging!)

its just poor consumer planning all around, if you ask me.

10 comments:

  1. Hilarious... I had thought about this too. I suppose it's better than near the teen section, I'd rather have a 3 year old than a 13 year old oogling my goodies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY! I have absolutely wondered this exact thing before. Its so ODD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little meatloaf...too funny!! As another childless/selfish shopper, I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just last weekend I was in lingerie at Nordstrom and Random Dad over in Childrens was being totally inappropriate with the eye-wandering to our side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way! The last time I bought bras a mom had lost track of 1 or 3 of her little boys and they were playing with the bras on their heads and making fun of the bigger bras. I totally gave them a nasty look. When they looked at me I told them they should go find their parent. I totally scared them and they scampered back over to their side of the aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. agreed. and please, stick with the low rise...so much cuter, and if you are too old for low rise then i would be too...and the change to regular is never gonna happen...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's hilarious...I've never noticed that before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it really doesn't make sense!! i would love to know the logic behind it. love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was just in nordstrom yesterday thinking the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes. there's nothing that feels more strange than a 3 year old little boy that has figured out the difference between girls and boys just staring at you while you're holding very girly merchandise. (shudder)

    they need to fix that!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!