Friday, June 12, 2009

mish-mash

lots of randoms today...

* if you glance on over to the right, you'll see a fun new button featuring whatever Etsy find i'm currently lusting after (sure to change often so keep those eyes peeled!) - clicking it will take you directly to that seller's store.

* tell me about your MacBooks and why you love them... i am in desperate need of a new computer - Evs has an older Mac and there are things i don't love about it... but i'm interested in the new MacBook Pros.

* i realized this morning as i watched tweens fawn over the Jonas Brothers that my age group totally missed out on the whole "throw my bra at a boyband" phase. i mean, don't get me wrong, i loved me some New Kids, but it was much more of a "damn my hot pink NKOTB sleeping bag is da' bomb" and less of a "please take my virginity Joey McIntyre" kind of thing (because, you know, i was like 7). and then there was the resurgence of the boy bands with Backstreet and N'SYNC, but my 16 year old self was more into choreographing dance routines to their tunes, than actually gagging over their Tiger Beat hotness. kinda bummed that i never waived a glittered and heart-strewn homemade sign at artistically deficient androgynous 20 year olds as they lip synced (lip sunk?). oh well. i more than made up for it with my slightly stalkerish Leo DiCaprio / Romeo + Juliet phase.

* totally pumped about a weekend full of... wait for it... no plans save for the best plan of all: dinner with the CT girls and their menfolk on Saturday. so excited to just relax and kick back and catch up on some reading and painting!

* TRUE BLOOD ON SUNDAY. i really can't even express my utter joy at the prospect of the new season. i am officially a creepy-vampire-emo-kid. maybe Bill and Eric are my Jonas Brothers... hmmmmmm...

Happy Friday!

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE my MacBook. I have been a Mac user since High School and I have nothing but great things to say about my laptop. You will not be disappointed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for weekends of nothingness...wish you and Ev were close enough to come to the beach with us ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am more than excited about True Blood this Sunday!! I have been waiting for this since last season finale! I am going to be hooked all over again to these hot vamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super excited about True Blood! This is one bandwagon I can't ait to jump on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I am also so very excited about True Blood on Sunday. I LOVE me some Eric! This is going to be another great season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love my macbook. I just made the switch about 15 months ago and it was so worth it. It's just easier to use, the programs run better, it is faster, the internet connection is always better than my hubby's laptop, no viruses, etc. I can't say enough wonderful things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously can't say enough about how much I love my Macbook. Whenever I have to use a Windows machine somewhere else now, I can't believe how user-friendly the Mac is in comparison. Their warranty program is amazing too, I've had to use it a couple times in the past 6 months and both times I've shipped the laptop out and had it back, like new, in less than 48 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so hope you have a fabulous weekend! Sounds lovely to have no plans but to hang out with your friends :

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a major obsession with Leo circa R&J and Titanic era. Whatevs, no shame there, the boy is still hottt!

    Not sure how I feel about Macs. I really want to like them (Hubs is obsessed with all things Apple) but I just can't get into all their intricacies. I'm personally leaning more towards the HP notebooks with the 10-key number pad built in.

    Very excited for True Blood. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm right there with you on the "teen age bra throwing stage" -- missed that one -

    Mr. R and I are TOTALLY pumped about True Blood!

    Enjoy your night out!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your current etsy choice! I just bought Season 1 of True Blood, so I may have to take a weekend and dive in. Enjoy your weekend of leisure and dinner with the CT couples!

    cozystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love my macbook. i've had it for almost 2 years and have NEVER had any problems. best $$ i ever spent! it's the only computer i will ever own! happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Already hungry for dinner.

    And I looked at Macs. And honestly? Why pay $2K for something you are using for basically word processing and internet browsing. I got a $500 HP and I am pleased as punch about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm...my Leonardo DiCaprio stage hasn't ended yet...

    and I may or may not own Jonas Brothers cds. Whatever. I'm cool like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My "please take my virginity Joey McIntyre" kind of thing was reserved for Gavin Rossdale in the early Bush days. Ahhhh...hotness.

    I have a regualar MacBook, huby has the version of the MacBook Pro from 2007 and we both love ours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm gone from blogging for three days and miss gorgeous etsy handbags and fun gap play clothes! i'm giving you a shout out on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a Macbook Pro, it's about 6 months old - not the newest model, but close. I've used macs my entire life, so of course I have nothing bad to say about them. They are durable, have tons of memory, are fast, and best of all, you don't have to fiddle with that anti-virus anti-popup stuff. Everyone I know that has switched to mac has loved them. The only thing you need to get used to is the different operating system.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!