Thursday, June 25, 2009

PPT: Calling All Brides!

several weeks ago, i received a very sweet email from Trish Jackson who owns Ajalon Printing and Design - a small, family-owned letterpress printer in Northern California. not only was Trish a total peach, but Ajalon's designs are gorgeous and so reasonably priced. in fact, Ajalon is now offering brides 100 letterpress invitations + enclosure cards for only $398 - a total steal if you've researched your letterpress!

and this is high-quality paper, people - Trish was kind enough to send me some samples and the paper and quality of the pressed designs are luxurious! Ajalon uses Crane's Lettra for all their designs - 100% cotton, especially created for letterpress (and milled exclusively from recycled textile manufacturing waste). i ordered tons of samples when shopping around for our invitation suite and while there were many designs i loved, i was often disappointed in the texture and thickness of the paper and/or depth of the printing impression. i can confidently say that Ajalon will not let you down!

some of my favorite designs from the website:

Cathryn

Country

Anne

Bethany

Black Tie

Cape Cod

Blume

Christine


and the samples (as always, apologies for my crappy iPhone photography habit):

here's the dirty details for all of discerning brides-to-be out there!

Ajalon Printing & Design
(707) 528.0288 (t)
(707) 528.0290 (f)
2100 Llano Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95407

invitations@ajalon.com
invitationsbyajalon.com

ajalonprinting (twitter)
invitationsbyajalong.com/blog (blog)

and a big thank you to Trish for contacting me and sending me all the glorious samples (that i will be petting absentmindedly throughout today - hope that's not creepy)!

6 comments:

  1. haha. I may have laughed out loud at work when I read your last comment.

    And wow-what a deal for letterpress { and absolutely beautiful letterpress at that!}. If my invitations hadn't already been sent, I would be all over this ! Is this the printer you used for your invitations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. I am glad to know there are affordable options out there. I will be calling her when we get to the invitations point of planning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did such a simple design for my invitations- now i wish i had known about letterpress! these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you!!! I've been putting off ordering my invitations because I haven't found any that are exactly what I want. However, at this price, I just might be willing to bend a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer & Frachella - I'm Trish, the invitation consultant at Invitations by Ajalon. I'd love to help you both out with your invitations. Our special is for a limited time, but you can put a deposit down to reserve this special price. Give me a shout!
    invitations[at]ajalon[dot]com

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!