Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009, in photos

Talk about a reboot! Evs declared several times over the last few days that this was one of the best Christmases ever, and the man doesn't lie.  Any particular reason for the superlatives?  Nope.  Just... Home.


my grandparents' tree... prior to the bloodbath of the wrapping paper


Stockings!  My favorite! And a NylaBone for The Boom

Family Portrait

Evs and T-Man, eating Texas Trash for breakfast Christmas morning

My sweet, sweet Daddy Jim's 89th Christmas!

Daddy Jim loves the Boom!

Does Mom's sweater look familiar? We're Twinkies (on purpose)!

Against her (my) better judgment, The Boom gave Evs a Snuggie.  Of course, as is life, I've gone from disdain to adoration of this heinous, blue, static-y backwards bathrobe.  I may or may not be composing this post whilst wrapped up in Snuggie Land at this very moment.

So super pumped about my Christmas Tree Spode!  I shy away from most of those "Now That You're Married" Traditions, but I can't wait to bust out my very own jolly, festive tree plates next year!

Evs is pleased as punch as well.  As you can tell.  The man loves china.

Christmas Spode in action

Jaunty Scottish Scarf!

Wine & Food: My Two Favorite Things!  All in one book!


And since its a Hook 'Em Horns kind of year (and we're all headed to Pasadena), there was much burnt orange love on Christmas morn'!





T-Man with his UT Chucks - 2nd Annual Chuck Christmas!

And a little wintery tableau waiting for us back in Dallas (forgive us the cheesiness - first married Christmas and all):




So tonight, I'm feeling content.  And its not the tryptophan in the leftover turkey or the obnoxious comfyness of my pilfered Snuggie.  Its the feeling that I'm in the right place, at the right moment - even though I'm not wearing designer professional footwear... "Right" not because of some fancy identity, but because I am lucky enough to spend another holiday listening to my grandfather's stories (some I've heard a dozen times, some I've never heard... doesn't really matter)... and because I'm lucky enough to spend my first holiday married to a man that seems to blend seamlessly with some of my favorite people... and because I'm lucky enough to count my family as those "favorite people."

Content... gonna try my damnedest to hold on to this Zen Calm into 2010... perhaps an official NYE Resolution is in order?  I'll leave you on pins and needles for the Official Things I Really Hope I Don't Wuss Out On List until the 31st.  Right now, I'm adding another item to my "Lucky Enough" tab:

Lucky Enough to Have Hitched My Horse to This Goober Wagon!

{definitely my favorite Christmas photo}

24 comments:

  1. haha your too funny! I hope I can hang onto some of my new years resolutions for at least a few months, here's hoping. It looks like you had a wonderful christmas =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing holiday. I'm so glad you and your hubs had a great Christmas - I know you can keep up the Zen in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post! It just makes me happy :) I too am feeling rather lucky and I am hoping to keep this new outlook on life throughout the new year! I feel like I get way too caught up in all the materialistic stuff and I need to focus more on what really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great Christmas! Your family is so cute with all their Texas gear :) I guarantee you will want another snuggie ... give it a week! They come in leopard and zebra, you know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. You all look so very happy. I too hope that I can keep this sense of joy and happiness through the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Serisouly sounds like the perfect Christmas! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a great christmas! i'm happy for you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're making me cry---but it's the good kind, and I love it--and you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've really got a happy glow in those pictures. You look so pretty and content :)

    What is Texas Trash? I have absolutely no idea what it is, but the name alone makes it sound like something tasty I need in my life soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas looks absolutely fantastic. You sound so happy and content and I am just incredibly glad you have such a wonderful family to spend this season with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas. It does look like the best ever. Good luck in Pasadena too:).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww looks like y'all had a great Christmas! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you had a great Christmas and I love the chucks! I got a Live What You Love print in Yellow, thanks for the idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely, lovely. i'm trying hard to take and keep that sentiment to heart. goober wagons are quite necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Evs is like the cheeriest dude EVAR.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm... I've been considering a snuggie myself but the commercials demonstrate a concerning side effect of excessive "raising of the roof" -- have you experienced?

    ReplyDelete
  17. So these photos totally made me smile like a goon AND show Husband. I think I officially crown you and Evs "the most likely I'd totally hang out with and knuckle-bump in real life bloggy couple on the internets." :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love seeing others so in love, and this post just made me smile lots. Even the burnt orange color made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Replace Texas with Penn State and you have our Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had forgotten that this was your first married merry christmas! So stinking sweet. It looks like you had a wonderful time and I am way jealous of your super sappy snow writing and snuggy stealing... And that is a lot of alliteration...

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for the bra advice, I just didn't want to look like a 'tard in 2 garments, but I will now wear both without trepidation

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful Christmas you had - how fun to spend time with your family! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great first married Christmas!! I love all the Texas gear, but how did no one get a Texas Snuggie?!? Best of both worlds!!

    And I'm oozing with jealousy over your snow over Christmas. Georgia sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have lots to say about this post.
    A. you look freaking FAB!
    B. I love all your Christmas pictures
    C. I totally was a snuggie hater until I got one and now I'm in LOVE with mine.
    D. Yay for pasadena! :)
    E. Merry Christmas and happy new year!

    Also, still waiting on Equniox to get back to me, I think they are closed for Christmas, either way. LAME! :)

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!