Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cardy for the Party

{Even I am embarrassed by that title... apologies}

I can't claim credit for the discovery of Lands' End Canvas (ahem) or even credit for helping to spread the word (ahem, ahem, ahemahem)...


... but I will take up the mantle and (very loudly and potentially off key, depending on wine intake at any particular time) sing the praises of the Canvas Heritage Cardigan!  


Look familiar?  Yeah... Lo siento Jackie, but I'm afraid it might be "Sayonara Sucker" for you!  $62.00, my butt!  


My love affair began with Bold Sun... and upon her arrival (along with that of a lovely little 20% Off Entire Purchase + Free Shipping Coupon), I quickly snapped up Orange Spice, Turquoise Sea, and Soft Fern.  


Overboard?  Perhaps... but would you believe that these (THREE) pretties shall be accompanied by sassy ballet flats and a breezy summer top for less than $175?  Take note, J. Crew... TAKE NOTE!  

Notes on Sizing: In general, when ordering from LEC and feeling stuck between two sizes, order the smaller size.  For the Heritage Cardigan, I ordered my normal Medium - its a bit larger than my Medium Jackie cardigans, but not too large that a smaller size is warranted.  For swimwear, my normal Medium top worked great but the Large bottoms were diaper-like.  


ALSO:  Sign up for Lands' End's email list... they hand out awesome coupons every freakin' week (always with free shipping)!  Definitely another "EFF YOU, J.CREW!" moment... since we all know too well about those asshats and their stinginess with shipping costs. 

18 comments:

  1. Need new ballet flats, and I take a hint when a girl like you dishes it out. Heading there now. Thanks for the sizing breakdown, and I'm hoping that it's contagious.
    Complete with mirrored dinosaurs, I thought about it all the way home. Only you.
    I lust for Bold Sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I'm impressed! I've always associated Land's End with outdoorsy stuff and monogrammed canvas totes, but not cute cardigans and flats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this line with a few people passing it around, I think it would be perfect cruise wear for my upcoming vacay. Intersting, I will creep on it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin spice looks like burnt orange perfection! Is it UT appropriate in person? Obvs it's way too hot for football games, but I'm always in need of something dressier than a t-shirt (or god forbid a sorority-esque burnt orange dress) to wear to other events throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Twas due to twitterland that I came to know of the wonderful world of Canvas. There was so much twitter love going on, I couldn't NOT check it out!
    I wasn't a big Landsend fan, but I have succumbed to the charm, and bought a dress :)
    I didn't know about the coupons... off i go to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out the new LL Bean Signature line!! It's terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in cardigans at the office, so I was drooling over the Canvas cardis! Thanks for the note on sizing...I was worried about that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I am wearing my bf cardi second day in a row. I never repeat articles of clothing, so I think this is a sign to order more!

    Also, did you know if something doesn't work, you can return it to Sears?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, do not be embarassed by that title. I laughed a little when I read it. I loove cardi's, I wear them almost every day actually. Always a great go-to :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the prices at Lands End Canvas are awesome..thanks for passing the 411 along!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too heard about LEC from Blue Eyed Bride and HOLY COW- LOVE it! Those prices are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color selection for the cardigans (and those ballet flats in the brown leather!).. I usually wear a Medium in the Jackie cardigan as well, but find that a) I never end up buttoning them b) they are a little teensy bit big in the arms/shoulder.. Would you recommend the Small or Medium for these Lands End cardigans, since you said the Medium was a bit large?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It really is amazing. And LL Bean Signature is just icing on the cake. I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am seriously loving my things thus far -- and am excited by Samma's news that we can return things at Sears! Because, you know, I just hit up Sears all the time. ;) What size cardi did you get? Same as JCREW sizing or no?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been hearing a lot about Lands End Canvas floating around lately, but I've been a little hesitant to order because I am in between sizes a little. Thanks so much for the sizing tip - I feel a lot better about ordering something now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have long been a fan of Land's End cardigans. I don't know if they are the same as the Canvas ones. But they seem to hold up better than the JCrew Jackie ones, which is nice. And of course better price too.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!