Sunday, March 28, 2010

one year

From inspiration and planning... 


... to the most gorgeous, crazy, grinning, crazy-fabulous Spring day in Austin, Texas...


... to a jaunt in tropical paradise...



... and coming home to our first house together...


... to celebrating dear friends' nuptials near and far...


... to cheers-ing to 6 months in Napa Valley...



... and partying it up for Halloween in NYC...



... and witnessing an amazing season of college sports;



From our very first photo...


... to our very first dance as "smug-married" folk...


... to one year later, today...


...its been a wonderful, wacky, whirlwind ride!

For Evs... 




“What is REAL?” asked the Rabbit one day.  “Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?”

“Real isn’t how you are made,” said the Skin Horse.  “It’s a thing that happens to you. When someone loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but really loves you, then you become Real.”

“Does it hurt?” asked the Rabbit.

“Sometimes,” said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful.  “When you are Real, you don’t mind being hurt.”

“Does it happen all at once, like being wound up?  Or bit by bit?”

“It doesn’t happen all at once,” said the Horse.  “You become.  It takes a long time.  That’s why it doesn’t happen to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept.  Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out, and you get all loose in the joints, and very shabby.  But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real, you can’t be ugly.  Except to people who don’t understand.”  


Happy Anniversary - LUM! 

30 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!! Sounds like y'all have had a fabulus first year as Smug Marrieds. :) Wishing you many many more!! And your wedding is still one of my favorites everrrrr. <3

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. Happy Anniversary. Been reading along. May your good days continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary! loved all the pics! so much fun to see how your first year was!

    ours is in may!

    ps. asking in the most un-stalkerish way possible, that's the lobby at the ritz, no? fearings= yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw you guys at Fearing's from afar, but when I went to say hi, you were gone!

    And! I have a wedding gift for you- AT LAST. I SWEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful couple - and sounds like a wonderful year! Here's to many more! Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! LOVED the excerpt from the post, Velveteen Rabbit? Made me a wee bit teary :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! I love how you did a year in review. My sister in law is betting married in Austin in a few months, and I know I'll think of you guys when we're there! :)

    May it be the first of very many.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary! I especially love the picture of you guys in the car :-) Such a gorgeous couple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! What a great first year. Love your wedding photos and your color scheme! Wishing you the best for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!!! Wishing you two so much happiness and sending my love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary to you both! Hope you had a wonderful day! Love all those pictures... you both look like such babies in your first pic together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy anniversary! Best wishes for another 80 wonderful years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated anniversary! Y'all are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw Happy Anniversary!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet post. Happy Anniversary to the two of you, and best wishes for many many more!

    ps - Aren't first pictures so funny?! My bf and I had our first official date at a Nationals baseball game. When you walk into the park they have people taking pics that they post on the team website. We got ours taken and as CHEESY as I felt doing it at the time, now I'm so glad that I have a special keepsake from that first date. Yay Love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary! It's been so fun reading about your adventures together this past year. PS - your wedding tops the charts for simply gorgeous...Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary!

    Love all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous year it has been! Here is to many more for you both. Love you Mr. and Mrs. Hall! Can't wait to see you on Thursday to celebrate and give you your wedding...er...1st year anniversary gift ;-) HA!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a sweet and endearing post! Happy, happy anniversary lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great post! Happy 1 year! Here's to wishing you two many, many more. I'm sure you guys will always make it quite the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Anniversary! I love the post- so many awesome memories for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Anniversary! The cake from you inspiration board is actually from my wedding. Small world. I love your pictures. Beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you had a fabulous anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys had a great time together (as I saw you did in a post I read earlier)

    This also means that I have been reading your blog for a year! I remember first reading it the week before you got married! :) Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just found your blog.
    And I had to comment because:
    Despite working with an abundance of A&M folk, I heart UT. I went to CU - but, after living in Houston, I was told I had to pick either A&M or UT - and I went horns, al the way.
    Also, I got married almost 3 years ago and my colors were...orange & fuchsia. So, looking at your pics made me reminisce about my own wedding - and now I immediately presume you have impeccable taste. :)

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!