Wednesday, May 5, 2010

easy breezy (beautiful?)

Never fear, this is not "Create a Covergirl Commercial in Another Language / with Another Accent / in English Which We Know Also You Find Especially Difficult" Day on Cycle 38 of America's Next Top Elefantita.  

Nope.  Just an Ode to My Summer Uniform!  My closet is chock-full of cotton dresses, ready and waiting for a Saturday morning of lazy errand running and general lallygagging.  {In fact, I busted out the very first 2010 seasonal version of this uniform last weekend - with the addition of a cardigan to ward off that frigid almost-summertime-A/C!}  Be it short or maxi, preppy or hippie - a sundress is the absolute easiest thing in the world to throw on and go with little to no effort!  







Toss on any of these frocks with a modified gladiator sandal or a sassy espadrille and you've got the perfect  solution to looking fashionable during those sweltering dog days! 






8 comments:

  1. I just love dresses! And all of those sandals? I could die. Especially the VV pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my summer uniform too! Summer dresses are so light and comfy, they often hide my lovely love handles better than pants, and best of all, I look so put together, even though I'm really a mess. We've had weather in the 70-80's for a few weeks now, and I'm already taking full advantage of it. YAY SUMMER :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casual (but cute) summer dresses are the best! I think I wore my favorites so much last summer that I completely wore them out! I might just need to pitch them and buy a few new ones!
    I love your dress picks, and those DV sandals are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my uniform as well- short (doing to my lack of height) dress, jean jacket for overzealous ac, and some sort of flip flop. It's definitely easy, and breezy. Now I have the Cover Girl jingle in my head- gah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're tall right? I'm tall (5'9) and I have the HARDEST time finding maxi dresses that hit the ground! Do they have to? Because if they don't I feel like I'm basically wearing the jersey version of high waters.

    Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Tallies... check out Maxi Dresses by T-Bags (I know, I know, WORST BRAND NAME EVER) and J.Crew! I have one from each and they were so long they had to be hemmed big-time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love. The. Maxi. Dress. Best summer invention ever. And even great for the "I drank a bit too much last night and today my belly shows it" days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 失敗時你可能會失望,但如果不嘗試,將永無希望。..................................................

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!