Monday, May 31, 2010

major girl crush

First off... How much do you wish every weekend was a three-day weekend?  I really can't recall when I've been more relaxed (aside from the entire-body-soreness I'm currently experiencing, courtesy of an inflatable water device known as the Rock-n-Roll)... there's just something about the lake (and the fact that it's an "almost vacation" without the stress and effort of concocting and executing travel plans), good friends, good beer, good food, and - obvs, duh - board games. 

More to the point, and in honor of surviving my first appearance in a bikini this season (with the aid of all that good beer I mentioned!), I present my latest and greatest Girl Crush (with a Capital G, Capital C)... 

Crystal Renn...


I've never had much of an infatuation with models - I tend to drool over the photography and the clothes in high fashion spreads without really appreciating the moving parts.


However...


HOWEVER.


Ms. Renn's recent prominence on the runway and in the glossies makes me want to stand up and stomp my feet and cheer and freakin' fist pump. 


I'm currently contemplating swathing my bathroom walls with her portfolio entries...


Or perhaps parachuting copies into middle schools everywhere would be more of a public service.  


Simply put, I've yet to see a young person so stunning and sure of herself.  You can bet that her memoir Hungry is next on my Amazon Wishlist!  


Sidenote:  Uncanny resemblance to Nigella (another Lesbian Island Invitee, btw), no?  

20 comments:

  1. I totally agree on both counts! Makes be proud to be a voluptuous brunette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right on with the Nigella comparison! Total stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her! However look at the Glamour with her and some rexics on the cover in bikinis. The mag goes on and on about how she is a size 12. No way, unless she is super photoshopped. Looks like an eight in that spread. . .Beyonce is my primary Lesbian Island invitee.

    Anyhoo, did the dump cake turn out okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! so gorgeous! i believe that she is a size 12-- i think. anyway. she's absolutely beautiful.

    my lesbian island tends to include lots of little blondes (because that's how i imagine myself in my dreams)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her! Her confidence is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think they did some altering of her shape on the cover of Glamour... but she is stunning either way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos to a model that eats!
    Lovely indeed she is, great one to crush on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is one sexy beotch and she makes us curvy gals look good! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the curves! It's so nice to see a real woman, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha! she does resemble Nigella! Seriously, she is gorgeous!!!!! and needles to say, she is a REAL woman! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is a stunner!!! Love the realistic body shape. Just gorg. We should all embrace our bodies more and stop being obsessed with being thin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here here!!! I think she's a fabulous looking real woman! And I had never thought of the Nigella resemblance, but you're right! They could be sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, and REAL! Love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Has I Take Photos in the Bathroom really gone private!? I just tried to visit and no go... It's a daily read and I'd love to be on your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Agree with Amanda @ Bits and Pieces...so very sad to see ITPITB is blocked!! It is one of my very favorite blogs and I visit daily...What does a girl have to do be invited to read?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was wondering that too! This young Florida lawyer needs her daily ITPITB fix!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh No! No ITPITB anymore? I need my fix...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Confession: I often fantasize about being furloughed so that I can have one 3 day weekend a month.

    Also, Crystal Renn is totally gorgeous and strangely looks a lot like my cousin, who is also named Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  19. where is that white swimsuit from??? i.must.have.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!