Wednesday, July 21, 2010

No. I am not dead.

Nor am I trapped under something heavy.

Just a little preoccupied by all these little duckies that must be put in a neat row before something that I really want to happen, um, happens.  {Clue}

Putting an offer on a house is hard work, yo.  {Now I've just ruined the cryptic quality of this post.  There went that clue.}  Why can't I just say...

 "Hey, Home Seller, what's shakin'?  My name is Kate and I possess entirely too many dresses for my own good and I think everything's better with cheese and avocado on top and I love puppies and me and my dresses and my husband would like to buy your house with the walk-in closets!  How's about we shake on it?"

Apparently that's not so much how it works in Real, Adult People World.

So I'm going to go back to comparing interest rates on my lunch break and you go back to whatever you were doing before I popped up in your Reader and maybe later tonight I'll tell you about... wait for it....

MY FIRST TRIP EVER TO HOMEGOODS!

I know.  Thrilling.  I can just sense the tingly anticipation.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! There is zero doubt that interest rates now are ahhhhmaaazing - no better time to buy. Let me know if you need help finding a really successful agent (not a plug for myself, i'm not one but i do have serious connections ;-)) or have any questions, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you luck! We went through the process several months ago and it is overwhelming to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! It is exhausting but worth it!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an abnormal love for HomeGoods. Sometimes, you get some crap, other times, it's like a freaking gold mine. But, when do I have the energy to schlep up to the 'burbs to do this? Rarely.

    Good luck on the home buying front. It's been two years since we bought ours and I remember all too well how exhausting, emotional, and damn annoying it can be. When our offers got rejected, I was about ready to just say to hell with it and let's move back into an apartment. Luckily, my husband is the calm one, and somehow, we got a house.

    If we can somehow walk out of that mess alive, you can too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy house hunting!!! That's so exciting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fingers are crossed that what you want to happen happens! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, congratulations. Second, I don't understand "your first trip to HomeGoods". Kate. Katie. Kate-a-rooski. You are have been totally missing out. Not only do they have home stuff, but they have amazing shoes, dresses, everything! I'm am an avid "HomeGoods-er". Give it a chance. Most people get worked up because it's not set up exactly like Macy's but there are deals in those there racks, my friend. You'll see.

    Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on the endeavor!! We're still renting our home, and it overwhelms me to think of the day we have to be grown ups and buy a house. So much to worry and think about.

    And HomeGoods...sweet, wonderful HomeGoods! Love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on the house purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HG is amazing!! I am either blessed or cursed that I have to drive by the Campbell store every day on the way home. I have found a lot of great things for my office and the house there. Those lamps make me think that it is time to stop in and find a few more things I can't live without!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl! I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Such a process! And I'm a real estate attorney- it should be easy! I know what all the words mean. Gah.

    So so so exciting though! It will also be nice to release some of that renter's guilt. Love to see what y'all are looking at- shoot me an e-mail if you get a chance (ask Erin- looking at the MLS is one of my favorite diversions).

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!