Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ooo! Look! Shiny!

I won't wax poetic about the Amazeballsness that was the 2010 Emmys Opening Number since it's been linked every which way throughout the interwebs (but seriously - The Boss + Glee + Jon Hamm being, well, a ham?  Yes, yes, yes please!)... but I will show you my favorite pretties from Sunday's telecast!

Because, while it's not The World's Most Inspired Post, at least it doesn't involve Hatch chiles.  {Seriously, y'all, I think I need a 12 Step Program...):

Tina Fey in My Forever GBF: Oscar de la Renta

I love Tina.  I loved her in that Zac Posen that everyone else loathed at last year's Globes.  But I really, really pink puffy heart her wearing My-Main-Man Oscar.   The design is a bit "Ancient Tribe Cave Writing" -esque, but I think that just adds intrigue to the lovely but otherwise simple silhouette. 

Claire Danes in Armani Prive

It's Angela Chase!  Sporting her fabulous new "I'm Gorgeous, Buy Some Latisse from Me" Look!  Except without the scary medical warnings splashed along the bottom of her frame.  And she's covered in sparkles!  What's not to love? 

Heather Morris in Ina Soltani

Heather Morris' Brittany is my hands-down favorite "high schooler" character on Glee (aka: Not Sue or Shue).  Her one-liners tickle me to no end, and she dances like I do in that dream I have where I'm on MTV's Made: I Wanna Be a Fly Girl.   And she is also covered in sparkles.  (see above).  

Who were your Top Picks on the red carpet? 

8 comments:

  1. Agree with all of the above- however Claire Danes' acceptance speech irked me. Smug much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. Who doesn't love someone covered in sparkles? Also, I had to do a triple take before I realized that was my beloved Angela Chase! I mean, I've seen the Latisse commercial--which, also, I wouldn't believe it was her except that she has a very memorable voice--wow, she looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on Claire Danes. She looked SO gorgeous. Heather Morris was, too. Head-to-toe sparkles are my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never saw Brittany the other night! She looks fabulous. The other Glee girls, excluding Rachel, Emma, Sue and Mercedes (ok so just Quinn and Santana) looked DREADFUL.

    I loved all the sparkle this year; also adored Jennifer Carpenter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love Claire Danes in that dress!!! So sparkly and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Tina's dress that everyone hated too! I am beyond obsessed with January Jone's Versace dress. It kind of looked like they took a semi-demonic bird and asked Scarlett O'hara to make a dress out of it. There was just something about it was a-mazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire Danes and Heidi Klum were my two favorites. I loved Tina's dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Tina and Claire (totally first name basis..). I would add Lea Michelle. She looked incredible. I also loved the color of January Jones' dress. And not going to lie.. the more I see it, the more I like.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!